ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A Gift from my Boss

My boss and a few co-workers went the the bridge that I fell off of while I was in the hospital and found this sign.LOL. They were curious just where and how far I fell.
    My boss,Derry, waited until he knew I was going to recover before he gave me the sign. I am going to have it framed and hang it in my Livingroom. I guess when you can look back and laugh it's a good thing.

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: A Gift from my Boss

I have a piece of wood nailed up on the wall of my wood shop that caused me to cut off the ends of two of my fingers on my right hand. It is there as a reminder to be careful just as your sign will do for you. Glad to see you doing well, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

This is great, Greg! Awesome! But it's only awesome because you've come such a long way and doing so well. It's nice to know your boss and others care so much. It's impressive they went out to see the bridge.

Seeing the sign made me say another word of thanks to God - for your wonderful miracle! :thumbsup:

Liz

Glad to see your doing so well, and I what a terrific gift.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Great momento and I love the ratty condition its in. Glad your making such a good recovery that you can look at this now and laugh.
    I think we all have seen these signs in our photo ventures and take our chances. . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

When you can look back and laugh it's a wonderful thing. You are a walking miracle Greg. I'm so glad you are here with us.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Perhaps this could be a photo project of the month....

Take a photo of a sign that represents some event or part of your life. (or something to that effect)

It might be a tough one to get people to do tho.
    Jared

"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure." - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks all. The sign is now in the hands of the framers.LOL. I should have it back in a couple of weeks hanging on the wall. Other than a few minor health problems I am doing well. I actually went mountain biking yesterday and went 12 miles through a jungle.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information