ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On the subject of his (President Reagan) funeral - I saw some extracts of it over here - but later read an order of service in one of our newspapers. One of the Anthems listed was O love of God, how strong and true tune: Jerusalem . I heard some bits of this anthem on our news. Was I right that the choir sang this classic English hymn ? Or was it my imagination ? The words to Jerusalem are:

And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England's mountains green?
    And was the holy Lamb of God
    On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire.

I shall not cease from Mental Fight
    Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand
    Till we have built Jerusalem
    In England's green & pleasant Land.

(William Blake)

I for one totally understand what is being said here, about the not mentioning the good that is being done in Iraq. I am an ex serviceman myself, served in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), and Australia is doing their bit in this War, whether it be necessary or not, (and I believe it is, should have finished it all in Desert Storm), is really not the point of this thread is it. It was to show the fact that a President is Dead and is being Honour by the Country he gave his life to, not just in Politics but also with his other things he did as well, whether it was Theatrical, Radio, or in Charity work, that probably wasn't highlighted as much as his Politics in todays Generation.

Please don't forget there are other Nations that are serving in Iraq, Afganistan, East Timor, and other parts of the World, protecting all nations against the Terror we as a World Community are facing. Although there isn't anywhere near the degree of death and suffering that USA Forces are facing, the reason is because there are more of you guys and girls over there than the rest of the World. Because of Population, Peace Treaties in Place and conditions placed on certain Countries Post WWWII, Korean and Vietnam Wars, things that have been forgotten during these hard times.

I commend anyone that has served his or her country in the way they have, be it, Armed Forces, Civilian Forces, Home Guard, or just being the parents and family of the fallen. The same respect should be shown to a former Head of State no matter what Political Convictions one feels.

Just my thoughts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information