I'm such a fair weather friend. Even in the virtual world. So sad! According to my stats, I was last here on 1/24/2009. Geesh!

And so I'm here to say that my hubby is being transferred to Beijing and now a whole new world of inspiration will be opening up. But, given how very different the culture will be, I'm feeling just a slight bit of insecurity. Moving to Germany and Italy was daunting but at least I could put the letters together and find the word in the dictionary. I know I'll conquer this as well, but it would be so nice to be able to at least reach out to someone locally (though as huge as Beijing is, it would probably still be long distance). My mouth waters at the thought of what I will be seeing for the first time. Europe became kind of mundane (in a good way!) since I lived there so long. I think I just stopped seeing it after a while. Hopefully I won't become so jaded in Beijing.

Seb, if you are still around, I probably won't be making it back to NC anytime soon. But you are always welcome in Beijing!

D.