ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Gerry...we can chat before the trip. I might be able to swing staying later on Friday. It would be great meeting you.

We can chat for however long you have. My wife is going uptown for a haircut and won't be back for a few hours. If you don't have the time I can always wander the streets. There is a hotel across the 7th ave side of Pen Station with a nice lobby or there is a Starbucks 2 blocks north of the station also on 7th ave where we could chat.

I'll actually be staying in a hotel at Penn Station...I have the feeling that it's not very nice(Howard Johnson), but the price was hard to beat. And since I would use the room just to sleep, I'll manage. I'll keep in touch.

I'd say that's

a high maintenance girl ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Hey All,
    I am relatively new to this forum, but hope you all would not mind if I could drop by to hang with you. I work in the Big Apple and would love to get to roam around here with some great photographers from whom I would learn alot just being around for a day. I work for the transit system here and know my way around pretty well. Not sure how long you will be staying , I get off the week of the 26th, but could probably meet up sooner if you post a time and date.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Liz

Setting a group time together....Charles?

I was wondering if there is one day when a few of us could get together - aside from the one-on-one that some of you are planning with Charles. What days/dates would be good for 1) Charles - and then the rest of us?

We need to start a plan now folks if we're going to plan one day together. Maybe some of us could make it one day and others 1/2 of that day? Whatever works.

Liz

Liz

Smile Welcome Gahspidy - the more the merrier!

We would love to have you join us. Charles is a "pro" and we've been waiting to get together with him ........well seems like forever. So, we would LOVE to have you join - any time, especially in NYC........when Charles is there.

Liz

I didn't want anyone to think I wish to have a private meeting with Charles. Unfortunately I rarely get to NYC and I am "tagging along" Friday morning (the 25th) with my wife who will be going uptown for a haircut. I would welcome anyone to join us as I assume Charles would also. So Friday morning could be one of the "official" meetings.

Hi all...as I've said, I'm in NYC just to relax and wander the streets, so I have absolutely no plans. I'll be arriving early Sunday a.m., the 20th, will be staying at the Howard Johnson's at PennStation, and will have to leave some time Friday, the 25th. Anything in between, I'm game. I'm also a terrible planner, so maybe Liz wouldn't mind being the 'social director'. Liz? Help? :-)

Liz

Cool Everyone......Please clarify dates

For anyone who would like a mini get-together with Charles, please post the exact days/dates you will be available so we can make a plan.

Then we can see when the majority can make it - plan the day Those who can't make that day, Charles has given lots of options. Does that sound ok?

Gerry - Just to clarify, what I meant to say was if anyone wanted a group time vs one-on-one, that we should start planning. It wasn't a negative about people having a one on one, but I just wanted to see if we could set up a group time also. The way I worded it, I can see how people might think that. Hey - some people can do both.....or just hang out with Charles during the week from what he's saying! Think about how much you'd learn! ;)

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Hi all...as I've said, I'm in NYC just to relax and wander the streets, so I have absolutely no plans. I'll be arriving early Sunday a.m., the 20th, will be staying at the Howard Johnson's at PennStation, and will have to leave some time Friday, the 25th. Anything in between, I'm game. I'm also a terrible planner, so maybe Liz wouldn't mind being the 'social director'. Liz? Help? :-)

You're too kind, Liz ... though what prople will learn is that I don't really do anything special, other than maybe having a good eye and getting lucky once in awhile. Thanks for the help.

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    I could probably do the 25th, maybe the 24th. It all depends on how my system conversion goes on the 19th. If we're having problems, my bosses will have me chained to my desk.

Danielle

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

My availability

Megan here!

I'm available after 4pm June 22, 23, and 24. Thought the 23rd and 24th are the best, because I am coming back from Texas pretty late Monday night.

Unfortunately, my Friday hours got changed, so I work until 7 or 8 on Fridays now.
    Plus - that Friday happens to be a special day I add one more year, but don't tell Rick!

Megan

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    humble too huh???

I will see what and IF I can get a free day on one of those weekdays. my job is fed up with me taking days off to be with my family, so I'd rather not ask for a specific day off to join the fun .

BTW.. My manager can't understand MY LOVE for my family and why I take days off to spend with them.......POOR GUY!!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Me Myself and I

What???

I'll be open to most anything, as my purpose on being there is to rest, relax, and wander the streets...so, nothing specific is planned.
    The one and only Mr. Hess is going to be in NYC???? I guess I popped back in here just in the nick of time huh? I'm booked for weddings the 18th and 19th, but have the whole week off until the 25th when I do another wedding (also the 26th..ugh). Sooooooooo I'm totally up for whatever is going on!!! (Not to mention how LONG I've been waiting to actually meet Mr Hess in the flesh)

I'll email or give you a call Charles, cuz this is one meeting I'm looking soooo forward to!!

Take care
    Sandy

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Hey, girl!

How ya been?!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Okay, so what day should we meet? I will more than likely take the ferry over from Highlands which goes to East 34th st or Pier 11 on Wall St. I'll probably only bring my digital with me, my rebel is too bulky to pack in my pocketbook! lol Gads, i've gotten spoiled!

http://www.seastreak.com/NR/exeres/5...F8A42B0598.htm
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Me Myself and I
    Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    How ya been?!
    Moi? Well, I've been ok, busy, but ok!!
    I guess I missed the last get-together when you were back up here?

Well, to start the ball rolling, I'll be in NYC late morning on Sunday, the 20th. I figure I'd have to drop off my bags, as check-in isn't until 3pm, so if anyone wants to meet for lunch on Sunday, then walk the streets for awhile, let me know, and we could meet in the hotel lobby(Howard Johnson at Penn Station). Monday & Tuesday I'm game for anything from early a.m. to late night, Wednesday as well. Keep me posted. I'm getting excited about the opportunity to meet all of you who can make it.

Anyone else for Tues. or Wed?

Monday & Tuesday I'm game for anything from early a.m. to late night, Wednesday as well. Keep me posted. I'm getting excited about the opportunity to meet all of you who can make it.
    I get into Newark LATE Monday night - would planning something with Charles one of these two nights be doable for anyone else?

Megan

Liz

Talking Ok........Charles Hess.....it's your turn!

I'm going to email Charles to make his dates with all of you...and the final deciding times, etc..........

Since it's only days away, I guess everyone should get down the actual times, places, etc. Hopefully Charles will take over now! I'll fit in whenever the rest of you can make it.......somewhere, somehow.

Liz

Hi Megan ... how about getting together for dinner on Tuesday? You being a New York gal, could you pick a good(cheap, fun) place? Anyone want to go out into the streets Sunday afternoon, Monday, or Tuesday? Gerry, I'll contact you this evening about later in the week. Yo, Sandee, I'll expect you to join in here. Liz...with your busy schedule, any time you can make for me on Sun - Wed, I'll make sure I'm available...anxious to meet. :-) Janie ... Tuesday good for you?

Liz

Cool YES! the streets.......

Charles,
    I'd love to go out into the streets of NY! I hope a few of us can do this. We had so much fun when we had our mini NY gathering.

Liz

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    I get my schedule sunday night at 11pm(when i return from NY state)..

If I can swing a day/night I will SURELY BE THERE.

I have Liz's email if I need to QUICKLY get into the mix of things ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

It works for me!

If it works for Janie! Hmmm, good cheap eats in NYC.... the dilemma!

Megan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information