ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liz

Cool Another NY Mini with Charles Hess anyone?

I just found out that Charles Hess will be in NYC from Sunday June 20th through the following Friday. I asked him if he would be interested in getting together with some of us. YES! He said his schedule is flexible.

I said I'd post these dates if anyone is interested in another NYC "mini" gathering. He'll work the rest out with us. Personally I've been looking forward to meeting this pro photographer for a long time.........so I'll mark my calendar. Maybe we can plan something.

Liz

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Awesome! I have a major server project that is being implemented on 6/19-6/20, so that whole week will be busy for me, but I'd love to try!

Danielle

PS Liz - How is Barney?

Liz

That's great.........

This will be so much fun. Hopefully others will be able to make it.

Barney - thanks for asking. Long story short, Molly got sick while Barney was here and the shelter told me to return Barney. They think Barney brought something into the house. After 4 vet visits Molly is just getting back to normal. Barney was adopted the following week.

Liz

PS Liz - How is Barney?[/QUOTE]

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Aww. Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad Molly is doing better!

Danielle

me me me me!

Oh, in New York? I thought you said Milwaukee.

I guess I will not be there.

adina

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    hmmmmmmm

well I'M quite busy with weddings, and vacations in june.... but if i can make it YOU KNOW I WILL!!!!

my job is not too happy about taking nearly every weekend in june off.... but it's only a JOB right????

I need birds, family time, musky fishing, MORE family time.... work isn't nearly as important!!!!

but if I can squeeze Mr.Hess into my master plan...... I'll load up my rangefinder, f100, and DSLR and be his shadow
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Hey, I've been in Milwaukee...marched in a parade once when I was in the Navy Band. :-)
    And Paul...if we find some grass & a bird, I'll hold your camera bags while you do your wizardry. :-)

Yeah, I've got to get away from work for awhile, have my hotel booked near Penn Station, and hope to meet a few PR friends. If not, I'll be back there off and on in the summer.

I won't say just yet

Every time I've said yes---something goes wrong so maybe but I would love to! I won't say much else and if I can I will email you and Paul the night before...

Nothing is booked for that day...so far.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

that was just not right---i was so excited that I was finally gonna get to meet you and Liz, Charles and see Paul and all on one day woah---

and then well that wasn't right! ;)

you sure?
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

sounds like a plan

I can even bring you a normal lens(400f5.6) to shoot next to me with.... IF I can swing it with my busy work/family schedule!

I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO MEET YOU EVER SINCE I FIRST FOUND THIS SITE.. NO JOKE!!!!

LIZ TOO
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Liz

Cool Way cool

Me too Paul!

Maybe it will get to be more than a "mini" gathering.

Liz

I'd like to make it if possible. My family is going away the 27th for vacation and I'll be busy. A daytime meeting would work best for me, maybe a lunch meeting probably closer to the beginning of the week. I could take a day off from work and spend the rest of the day street shooting. Since Charles will be around for the week maybe a few meetings might work?

I'll be open to most anything, as my purpose on being there is to rest, relax, and wander the streets...so, nothing specific is planned.

Unhappy Ohhhh, I wish I could make it..

Street, candids, and people photography is something I just don't do too well, and I WANT to soooooo bad. Charles, you are probably lucky I can't make it. I'd be picking your brain at every chance and following you like a shadow!! ;)
    Hope all of you have a great time!!
    I'll make one of these gatherings someday!!
    Regards,
    Brian

That is what New York City is all about - wander the streets. You never know just what you'll see. LAst week I decided to take my camera to Central Park. As I was photographing some azaleas, I noticed right behind the bush a young couple, shall we say "En Flangrante". I could not bring myself to photograph though ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    I'll be open to most anything, as my purpose on being there is to rest, relax, and wander the streets...so, nothing specific is planned.

not just NYC

who needs NYC to see "public shows of affection"

I live in central NJ and can't think of one public park were I've not seen such things.

Actually 2 miles from my house EVERY tuesday and friday at 9am.....the same 2 vehicles pull in.... the rest is history
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Argh!

I can't make the weekend - maybe a weekday meet-up. My sister and I have been planning a surprise party for our parent's 40th anniversary - and the party - IN TEXAS - is June 20

Oh well!

Megan

Hi Megan ... I'll be there Sunday through Friday a.m., so let me know if you'd like to meet up, even for a cup of coffee. You could show me your Holga. :-)

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Great!

Hi Charles -
    I return from Houston late Monday. So "even coffee" sounds great during the week!

Megan

I might be able to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by megan
    Hi Charles -
    I return from Houston late Monday. So "even coffee" sounds great during the week!

Megan
    Post a few dates and i'll put it in my book! It's just before my birthday (july 4/5th (i was born right smack in between so i celebrate both days! lol)) so I think I can swing it! It's an easy week for me!
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

starting to realize you are VERy special ;)

How (do tell) do you get born in the middle of two days--- you were either somewhere where the time changes from one day to the next by crossing over country lines or you were born at midnight.

do tell...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I was born at 11:43 pm on july 3rd..... 17 minutes more and BANG!!!!!! which is what I believe brings you to a dual B-day
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

lol Well, my head was out at 11:55 and my legs were out at 12:01 AM! lol
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

I'm planning on coming into NYC Friday the 25th at about 9:AM. I'll probably be there 'till early afternoon. Meeting for coffee,lunch, sitting in the park or whatever would be great.

Charles, from re-reading your previous post I just saw you are leaving Friday morning, hopefully we can get together. Maybe I can come in earlier Friday morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information