• 06-01-2006, 10:21 PM
    walterick
    Another 24 hours! Saturday June 3
    Okay, this is for all you guys who forgot your cameras... got tied up at work... or just plain forgot :D

Back by popular demand, it's another 24 hours of Photographyreview! This is coming right on the heels of our last one so if you veterans of the 24 Hours thread feel that you've put your heart and soul into the first one and don't have anything left for the second one, please just sit back and view :)

This next one is on a weekend day so anyone who participated in the first one might feel they have different photo ops this time around. This is your last chance to participate in a 24 Hours project until the fall, so if you're gonna play, this is your chance!

24 Hours, from midnight Friday to midnight Saturday. I'll structure this one the same as the last one. If you'd like to ask questions or comment on the project, please post <A href="http://forums.photographyreview.com/showthread.php?t=21557">here.</a> I'd like to reserve this thread for pictures and comments on the photography. Let me also make clear a couple of things:
    1) You don't have to post in the time slots if you don't want to. That's just there for people who want that option. If you want to just hit reply as usual, feel free.
    2) You don't have to post all your shots in one day! These threads will be around for awhile so please don't kill yourself trying to get it all in there the same day.
    3) All times are local, so go by your time.

GL to everyone! I hope to see some new faces in the next one!

And by the way, if you stop posting photos in the original thread I will be very upset. :cryin: I'll lock this thread until evening time Friday (tomorrow!)
  • 06-01-2006, 10:24 PM
    walterick
    Early.
    Put your shots taken from midnight Friday through and including sunrise Saturday here!
  • 06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
    walterick
    Morning.
    Put your shots after sunrise through and including lunch Saturday here!
  • 06-01-2006, 10:27 PM
    walterick
    Afternoon.
    Post shots after lunch until sunset here!
  • 06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
    walterick
    Evening.
    Post your shots here including sunset to midnight again Saturday.
  • 06-03-2006, 01:13 AM
    poker
    2 Attachment(s)
    Re: Early.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Put your shots taken from midnight Friday through and including sunrise Saturday here!

12'ish AM PST

We are getting ready for my son's birthday party for later today. The wife has made her family famous spaghetti and she put gift bags together for the kids.
  • 06-03-2006, 01:17 AM
    poker
    4 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Picked up my sister in Los Angeles yesterday and we got to my house after 12AM today. She didn't understand why I powered up the camera. She's gonna help with the party.

Here are some street shots of the exciting city of Reseda....:(
  • 06-03-2006, 01:52 AM
    mdmc
    Quote:

From 12:30-1:30 fri morn.

The end of my beeline from work.
  • 06-03-2006, 01:58 AM
    mdmc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdmc
    From 12:30-1:30 fri morn.

The end of my beeline from work.

and the rest of the story.
  • 06-03-2006, 01:13 PM
    schrackman
    Re: Another 24 hours! Saturday June 3
    Quote:

Picked up my sister in Los Angeles yesterday and we got to my house after 12AM today. She didn't understand why I powered up the camera. She's gonna help with the party.

Here are some street shots of the exciting city of Reseda....
    Manasca, I lived in Reseda for 6 years (moved about 6 months ago) and indeed it is a very exiting city...NOT! LOL

I do recognize in your picture the corner of Sherman Way and Reseda Blvd. That's a shot looking across the street from the pawn shop & bus stop. I lived not too far from there, just north up Reseda Blvd. and right on Keswick. :)
  • 06-03-2006, 01:26 PM
    dmm96452
    Re: Afternoon.
    Quote:

Took a few shots walking around the Capitol.

The Capitol building. Shot at 12:01:02 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...52/Capitol.jpg

Having some fun with the distortion of one of my lenses.
    The Leaning Tower of Washington Monument. Shot at 12:29:26 PM.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ngMonument.jpg

A shot of a Mounted Patrol. Shot at 12:37:22 PM.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ntedpatrol.jpg

A shot of a goose biting the hand that feeds it. Shot at 12:59:40 PM.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...atfeedsyou.jpg

And the Guardians of Time. Shot at 1:23 PM.
    http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...iansoftime.jpg
  • 06-03-2006, 01:33 PM
    walterick
    3 Attachment(s)
    Re: Morning.
    Today's project.
  • 06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
    schrackman
    1 Attachment(s)
    A bit of 7th Heaven...
    graced our Annual Cherry Festival in Beaumont today. McKenzie Rosman (Ruthie) was chosen as this year's Grand Marshall. I caught this after her car had already passed through the parade and had parked in a nearby parking lot.

Tonight I'll be shooting the Temptations and hopefully I'll have a decent picture to post..
  • 06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
    walterick
    2 Attachment(s)
    Today's project con't
  • 06-03-2006, 01:37 PM
    walterick
    4 Attachment(s)
    Today's project continued
  • 06-03-2006, 01:39 PM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Project continued
  • 06-03-2006, 01:40 PM
    walterick
    3 Attachment(s)
    Finished!...

for now.
  • 06-03-2006, 01:44 PM
    walterick
    Due to a ... slight design miscalculation... the guitars actually lean against one another instead of the back of the stand. So, I won't be painting this one like I normally would have. I'll have to redesign it in the future and make it so they stand up right. Also, I'd like to figure a way I can make it have only two "ribs" so that it's thinner. Plus, I'd like to build a drawer for the tuners, picks, and capos.

Ah, well! It was a good first try! :)
  • 06-03-2006, 01:55 PM
    schrackman
    A few kids
    enjoying the parade.
  • 06-03-2006, 01:59 PM
    schrackman
    1 Attachment(s)
    ooops...
    the pic didn't load....
  • 06-03-2006, 02:20 PM
    another view
    Cool idea for a guitar stand, Rick! Never seen one like that. Haven't really shot anything today but did celebrate by buying a camera. :) It's all Photo John's fault, he talked me into getting that new waterproof Olympus that's about the size of a deck of cards. I've got plans for it tomorrow...
  • 06-03-2006, 02:21 PM
    schrackman
    1 Attachment(s)
    My killer puppy, Spike
    And he's already showing signs of a good guard dog. Loves to chew on things, including my hands and feet. Here he is relaxing in our front yard.
  • 06-03-2006, 05:26 PM
    Liz
    4 Attachment(s)
    Re: Afternoon.
    Quote:

My day was wonderful and extremely busy. We had 13 College Students here who are on Womens' Leadership Retreat this weekend. Their weekend includes an afternoon of service and ministry and they chose our residence. They painted one of our resident's rooms, washed all the windows on the first floor, cleaned and polished the kitchen cupboards, along with numerous other smaller jobs. We had about 50 bags of mulch and top soil delivered while they were here and they helped the driver empty the truck. We are blessed to have many students come here during the year as part of their ciriculum (sp?) -and some of them as community service volunteers.

We were very busy all day, but I managed to get a few snapshots along the way.
  • 06-03-2006, 05:30 PM
    Liz
    2 Attachment(s)
    Two more pictures....wish I had gotten them all, but just didn't have the time.
  • 06-03-2006, 06:03 PM
    walterick
    Liz! I'm so happy you were able to post today! I'm glad to see they all had smiles on their faces despite the obvious hard work they were doing. I'm telling you, people respond well to your camera!