ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

All this talk of samarai and ninjas...

I had to ask... anyone ever see KunPow, Enter the Fist? It's on this Saturday on FX - it has got to be one of the most hysterical movies I had ever seen! My boyfriend thinks i'm a nut because I imitate the girl on there who makes a silly sound of WEEohhhWEEohhhh when she cries. So now if you guys watch it, you'll have to picture me making that sound when I pretend to cry! lol
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Last night, one of my favorites was on...

And that, of course, would be Big Trouble in Little China! Now, I know it's not a frenetic or corny as "real" martial arts movies, but it is simply such a weird and funny film...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Ghost

Re: All this talk of samarai and ninjas...

My favorite part in Kung Pow is when they're in the tall field and Betty is getting ready to punce on an unsuspecting victim and you here "Hit it" and this guy in the background presses play on the 80's style boombox which then plays Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back" while they Kung Fu fight.

Awesome!

I'm not sure how old you all are, I'll be 29 February 26th but I am never going to grow up. I love stupid pointless humor.

I know WeeOhhhhWeee you're talking about....it cracks me up too. I could never figure out what they're trying to make fun of when they say that though. Are they making fun of women's high pitched voices or something?

Janie,

I'm picturing you in my mind (using your recent self portrait as my vision) yelling the WeeOhhhWEee and picture you going from "Hot" to "Not" in about 1/100th of a second due to all the facial contortions you're bound to make to squeeze out those sounds

Thread Information