ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    GB1

Alaskan mountains

A several year old picture of Denali park up in Alaska... sort of stirs the soul, doesn't it? Unsure whether the plane up there adds or takes away from the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alaskan mountains-dsc_3407_2_1000.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Alaskan mountains

Lovely shot. In the small version the plane looks like a bug or something and I was inclined to recommend you clone it out. But when viewed larger I think it add something to the splendor and scale of those mountains. That well-defined snow line is great too.

wonderful landscape with nice colors, lines, and textures

GB1

Alaska was different than I expected, more barren. The south-facing slopes were usually vegetated but the north-facing ones were often not, as it's so freaking cold up there only the hardiest that catch some sun can survive, and in some parts of the state no trees grow at all (up north it was tundra). In Denali, the bus tour guide said it can snow any day of the year. We also got lucky in that we could see Mt McKinley, for it's usually clouded over. Climbing that thing must be a^T*#&$ even in high summer.

Strange how some find Alaska so alluring. But I find the desert very attractive and it's very wasteful, so I guess it's all perception.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information