ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Let's see your PHOTOGRAPHY WEBSITE

Many of us have Photography Websites and some of us have put a link to them in our signature. I thought it might be interesting to have a thread that allows members and guests an additional single location to check some of them out. This will let us see what others are doing and get ideas to improve on or see things you may wish to incorporate in your own site.

Please list a link even if it is in your signature so others may have an additional chance to view it and see some of you great pictures. This is a location to list your website that is PHOTOGRAPHY RELATED and shows your own pictures. This is only a place for your PHOTOGRAPHY WEBSITE and spam links will be deleted. Hopefully this may be something that warrants being made a sticky thread. My site is fairly new and has a couple hundred pictures so far and will be growing as time goes on. I will start off with a link to my site, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Let's see your PHOTOGRAPHY WEBSITE

I use Flickr, does links to my photostream count?
    --Cara

Canon 60D
    Canon XSi
    Canon 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS
    Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS
    Canon 100mm 2.8L IS Macro
    Canon 300mm F4 L IS
    Canon 50mm F1.8
    Tokina SD 12-24mm F/4 DX

My stuff on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35592266@N05

My photo blog: http://adventureswithnaturephotography.blogspot.com/

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

www.alexluyckx.com

There's an upgrade planned soon, I'm *almost* done.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

www.mtbbrian.com
    The same URL I have had for seven years now, it's changed over the years, but is now more of a "blogsite" as I call it.
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Great idea Jeff!
    Here's mine!
    :thumbsup:
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose

Similar question......except I use Smugmug - I don't have a personal photo website.

Liz

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    The main reason I wanted to start this thread was for members and visitors to have examples of websites to look at when they are trying to put together a website of their own. I don't want to exclude anyone's pictures, but the intent was to have a single location to go to when you are looking for examples of Photography Websites and their layouts more than showing off pictures.

Liz, my site is hosted through SmuMug, but I have my domain name directing you to the SmugMug location. My SmugMug site is customizable and I changed many of the colors, fonts and layout of how it looks. When I was deciding how to lay it out, is when I got the idea for this tread. I think that I would like to stick with the original intent and just have the websites for this thread so there will be a single source to check out different websites, Jeff

NOTE: We already have access to everyone's individual photo galleries in a single location here on our site to view their pictures in our PHOTO GALLERY.

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    The main reason I wanted to start this thread was for members and visitors to have examples of websites to look at when they are trying to put together a website of their own. I don't want to exclude anyone's pictures, but the intent was to have a single location to go to when you are looking for examples of Photography Websites and their layouts more than showing off pictures.

Liz, my site is hosted through SmuMug, but I have my domain name directing you to the SmugMug location. My SmugMug site is customizable and I changed many of the colors, fonts and layout of how it looks. When I was deciding how to lay it out, is when I got the idea for this tread. I think that I would like to stick with the original intent and just have the websites for this thread so there will be a single source to check out different websites, Jeff

NOTE: We already have access to everyone's individual photo galleries in a single location here on our site to view their pictures in our PHOTO GALLERY.
    Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification! I understand perfectly - and figured this was your intent. Great idea. Maybe I will try to find the time to take the leap checking out everyone else's! :thumbsup:

Liz

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification! I understand perfectly - and figured this was your intent. Great idea. Maybe I will try to find the time to take the leap checking out everyone else's! :thumbsup:

Liz
    Liz, before I signed up for my SmugMug account I went on Google a did a search for coupons for SmugMug and found several at 20% to and 30%. I kept looking and found one for 50% off any of their plans so my PRO website that goes fo $149.95, I got for just under$75.00.a year and they handle everything. You can get the regular sites through them much cheaper if you do not want the ability to mark up the price and only want no sales at all, just viewing, or to sell at the price they print it for, Jeff

Well it's not fully a photo site so I'm posting a link to the location where the photos I've been posting online for friends are at. So I'm not reponsible if you click on links elsewhere in the site It's just my fairly boring personal site anyway so you'll probably run back to the pictures pretty quick

http://www.metallic-raven.com/tmr-my-z/tmr-z-evt

I actually have quite a few more pics I'd like to get online, but I only recently got my personal site back up and running, so I need to start going through them and see what others I want up. I'm debating grabbing another website name to specifically create a photo site on. My webhost allows me to put unlimited domain names onto my hosting account so it would only cost me the domain name and some time to do it.

edit: Just read the comment about the thread intent being to share website designs more than actual photos. That's cool, even if I do create a photo specific site for myself, the layout would be very similar/same to what you see in my link. Same content management system, same lightbox plugin, etc.

im relatively new to dslrs this is just a few pics of me and my girlfriends 3 month tour of italy this summer, got the camera (450d) just before we went sstill definatly learning.

http://benandamyinitaly.blogspot.com/

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

I've got two (I'm so indecisive!) One has my general work with the emphasis on fine art - planetmegan.com. The second, newer site is focused on automotive photography - Megan Green Photographer and ponycargirl.com both point to it. At some point I may get all super ambitious and completely redesign it all into one site, but for now, I have a split personality.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

It's got a nice, clean header. I like that.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

www.photographybyadina.com

the third or fourth design in about 8 years...
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

oh wow. it's been so long since i posted, i forgot i even had that av.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information