ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: about a boy

about a boy

ok, I'll try again and see if this post stays on for more than 2 hours ( I'm only teasing Lara , like Chunk says, I think you do a fantastic job here too).

Well the original message went something like this:

Hi everyone, just a quick post to say hello and show my face around here after a few months away. It's been a very busy period, as I left my old job, started a new one, spent time in hospital (nothing more serious than a pin for a broken leg), but most importantly, the birth of my son (whose name is Lucas by the way Liz) who now takes up all of my time when I get home, as you can well imagine, and has therefore rellegated the internet and the computer to the back of the proverbial line.

On top of this, the last few months have been something of an inspirational slump picture wise and I have very rarely taken the camera out of its bag. This is not to say that I haven't been logging on to the site from time to time as i still very much appreciate the pictures and talent on display here.

Anyway, it seems the drought has ended as I have found, albeit a unidirectional one, a source of inspiration, and so I display to you my newest and neverending subject matter, a picture... about a boy.

Regards

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails about a boy-photo2.jpg  
    "Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement"

Nikon Samurai #16

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: about a boy

Hi Shrapnel, beautiful little boy. There sure have been a lot of little ones on here lately...hehe...and such wonderful little subjects...I'm lucky to have so many new ones right now...#7 was born last week (grandson). I also have a 4 month old granddaughter. My only regret, is my 8 month old christmas grandson is 2000 miles away, so I don't get many shots of him. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to many more of your current favorite subject.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

awww, what a cute baby! Nice composition on the shot there Shrapnel!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Okay, lets see if I can do this without messing up again!

Congratulations! Your son is just beautiful. I love this photo. It shows the love.
    Nicely done, proud papa!
    Lara

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Just beautiful, brings tears to my eyes.
    Congratulations on your son's birth, and hope your leg heals before he can out-crawl you
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Hi everyone, thanks for all your kind words.

Well Ken I imagine they (your children) are keeping you busy with hours of babysitting, as I get the impression you are a doting grandfather and can't get enough of your grandchildren!!! Maybe it's time you had some more of your own???

Thanks axle, I'm bound to get lucky and get a few good shots (THANK YOU DIGITAL!!!) as I take tons of pictures

Thank you Lara, you are absolutely right, there's a lotta lotta love in the house at the moment, and am feeling very proud of myself but mainly of my wife, who after being a fantastic woman and wife for so long, is now also a fantastic mother (I'll have to plan something so she Accidentally falls on this post now ).

Hi Paul, thanks very much, the birth brought plenty of tears to my eyes, i can tell you, I was quite shocked actually at how emotional it all was. Very intense!!! and not to worry about the leg it's all nicely healed (or was till i had a thai massage last week and i think she might have broken it again, as i heard and felt a large crack at one point. We shall see in a couple of weeks on the xray)

Regards

Chris

Nikon Samurai #16

What a gorgeous picture! What a beautiful little baby! You have very good reason to be proud! Cant wait to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by tink
    What a gorgeous picture! What a beautiful little baby! You have very good reason to be proud! Cant wait to see more!
    Thanks Tink, I'll try and post from time to time when I get some good shots.

Take care

Chris

Nikon Samurai #16

Thread Information