ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: 2K and counting

2K and counting

Just hit 2,000 post since we switched to the new boards. I had to reregister to get back on as many other did so I lost those first couple of years here, but I wasn't that active anyway. I was a little shy about putting my work up for the world to see. I had planed a special post with a picture and a challenge to all my friends here on PR, but I couldn't find the picture I wanted from 1969 to kick it off. I've turned the world upside down since getting home from work to no avail. I guess I'll just wait to throw that one out to you. At any rate the last 2K post have been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next 2K. Thanks to everyone for making this such a great place to hangout.

Larry
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: 2K and counting

Not bad for a Professional Grouch! And were glad your around too I tried to catch you but my surgery slowed my typing too much and I never recovered. ;)

Congrats!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Congrats Larry!

Don't worry about your picture, it will turn up right about the time you stop looking for it ;)

I'm right on your heels! You better keep postin!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Pentax Forum Moderator

Wow...2K...Great job...I've really loved following your photographs, especially of Jack. It was your pictures of him that got me comfortable with posting my grandchildren and ultimately several of my pics...Thank you for being a great inspiration, you ol' grouch!!! hahaha
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

I have hung out at the Allman Brothers Band web site for 5 years. Over 26k posts. I guess I better get to work here. Heh heh.;) ;)

I'm sure glad you decided to join in back then. Your excellent photography and advice have helped me a LOT! I know that Jack's apparent natural good humor can be traced genetically straight back to Grandpa. Great Easter shots of him BTW. That closer one belongs on Easter cards in the stores.

How's that new Epson working out for you? I've been using mine as a printer but not so much as a scanner. Have you found settings you like for scanning slides? Do you think the scans are good enough?
    ----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I'm sure glad you decided to join in back then. Your excellent photography and advice have helped me a LOT! I know that Jack's apparent natural good humor can be traced genetically straight back to Grandpa. Great Easter shots of him BTW. That closer one belongs on Easter cards in the stores.

How's that new Epson working out for you? I've been using mine as a printer but not so much as a scanner. Have you found settings you like for scanning slides? Do you think the scans are good enough?

Thanks Chunk, you and many other like you here at PR are why I have been here so long and plan to stick around a while longer. I hope that the little that I have learned over the years can be of some use to others here on PR as they like me strive to improve their images.

The Epson is great. I so appreciate you pointing out that deal. I have not had the opportunity to really tune it in on the scans, but have been pretty pleased so far with what I am getting with my limited experience and knowledge.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 04-21-2006 at 09:33 AM.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your kind words. I will take up the challenge to stay in front even though there are a few of you nipping at my heals. Any time I feel I have something worth while to contribute to a thread you can bet I'll be right in there spitting out an opinion or advice. The only thing that holds me back is my terrible spelling. I spend more time in the dictionary than typing responses. Even thought I have been sleeping with an English teacher for nearly 34 years spelling has just not rubbed off on me. You would think that there would be somekind of osmosis effect or something. At any rate even though the big boys have twice the post I do, I hope that my post are contributing to the success of PR and helping others in some small way.

Nikon Samurai #13

Congrats!

I'm with you on the osmosis thing. I've been sleeping with a computer geek for 10 yrs and I've got nothing! I can turn this thing on and off, anything more...well....let's just say it's not always pretty.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Way to go Larry. Those 2000 posts you speak of are part of what makes this site so fun!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Thanks guys. I appreciate your kind words. I will take up the challenge to stay in front even though there are a few of you nipping at my heals. Any time I feel I have something worth while to contribute to a thread you can bet I'll be right in there spitting out an opinion or advice. The only thing that holds me back is my terrible spelling. I spend more time in the dictionary than typing responses. clip... .
    You Too.... I have a full time spell checker on my email but there is not one for firefox but there is one for IE
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information