ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

28-135 USM IS on a 1D

I've been shooting a lot lately, trying to re-learn how to use my 28-135 USM IS lens.

Here's a shot at 28mm, effectively 36.4mm. Shot wide open, no filters. Don't have the exif data in front of me so not sure about shutter speed. One thing I've noticed is the light falloff at the corners. And losing the 8mm really decreases the visual distortion.

One of the things that I've had to get used to is seeing the full frame in the viewfinder. I'm starting to get used to knowing exactly where the edges of the frame are.

Anyway, there's nothing fancy about this but thought I'd share.

Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Hey Troy are you using a lens hood on the 28-135 IS lens at all. I take it the sun was about 12.30pm that day you took the photo.

Hi Peter,

Yup, using the hood that came with the lens. Close on the time, it was early afternoon, about 1:00 to 1:30 pm. I was headed to lunch but couldn't resist getting some shots because the day was so gorgeous, almost 70 degrees and no wind. Very nice for this time of year.

I'm at home now, got the exif data. Shutter was 1/4000, f/3.5. I was doing some closeup shots and after the limited DOF, which is why I was shooting wide open. This doesn't really change my mind about loving this lens, just means I'll be more mindful of what happens if I shoot it wide open.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thread Information