ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: No Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    No sunsets - although I guess that might be possible. Maybe I should hit the road, huh?

El Capitan - at the helm.

Hey John you could have warned us about the nudity in your photos. First thing I saw was the boobs on your arm.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: Morning shots.

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    This thread is for any shots after sunrise and through lunch. Post all your morning and lunch shots here by hitting reply to this thread!
    Due to a real nasty case of poison oak, I didn't get a chance to get the shots I wanted. But I was still able to go out and do some shooting today. Here are my morning shots:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-001.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-003.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-014.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-017.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Re: 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!

And a few more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-021.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-024.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-027.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Re: Afternoon.

Here be my afternoon shots. I set up my little studio stuff and did a photoshoot with one of my bikes. Since I was still mad about the poison oak, I wasn't feeling to creative while shooting.

Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

After the wife got off of work we decided to go out for dinner since I proposed to her a year ago on June 1st.

1st- the apartment that I live in
    2- The street I cross almost every day in a car or on my bike
    3- That is one sexy car
    4- And another sexy car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-076.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-077.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-081.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-084.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

A few more from after dinner:

1-4- Beautiful cars

#2 is my dreamcar, a beautiful Maclaren (I think I butchered that name
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-087.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-089.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-090.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-091.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Re: Evening.

My wife had togo a meeting Thursday night at work, so it gave me time to goof around at home.

1- Me practicing on one of my guitars
    2- Tonites featured movie
    3- some of my trains above my desk (HO size)
    4- Self portrait looking at a dirty mirror
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-095.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-096.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-097.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-098.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

A few more from tonite...

1- Getting my stuff ready to ride my bike home from work friday
    2- Gettin ready for my rubbing alcohol/Technu bath for poison oak treatment
    3- My stuffed tiger. Got him for $5 from a thrift shop, and so far he's been to Los Angeles, The Sierra Mountains, Nevada, Utah, and a bunch of other places.

4- My Z-scale model railroad that I'm workin on. Its in a drawer in our coffee table that has a glass top, so when its finished I'll be able to run the trains under the glass :thumbsup:

Those are all that I got from the 1st, I'm gonna try to go out and get more on saturday!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-102.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-103.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-104.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-2006-06-01-106.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Those are Fantastic bike shots. Man those came out good awsome!:thumbsup:
    -Jason Cross-

http://www.jasoncrossphoto.com Check out the 365 days of photos started Jan 1 2007. :thumbsup:

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Paul, you're scaring me driving on the wrong side of the road like that!
    If my car was repaired, instead of using Angie's, you'd be more worried.
    My car is LHD in a RHD world !
    Yep, my car was designed for driving on the right side of the road in continental Europe - it's one of the first 70 customer cars (200 total) that were imported by Daimler-Chrysler back when the Smart Roadster was launched over here.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Messy Desk?

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Sorry guys. Another View wins
    I didn't know there was a contest. My "desk" is only the nucleus of the mess.

To qualify this photo - it was taken yesterday, while I was working on the other one.

Oh yeah - I turned over the counter on my camera (10D) while I was taking these, yesterday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_9977-01.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Night Night

Me and the guys go to bed - taken right before I turned out the light - 11:57 according to the camera's EXIF data
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-p6010852.jpg  
    Photo-John

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Early shots.

I finally had some time to look at the shots I took yesterday, and here they are. I like to get up very early, but I'm not a morning person. Make any sense? The first image should help explain. Taken at about 4:45am as I'm getting ready to head to the office. As I'm not a moring person, I didn't notice that the lens was on MANUAL FOCUS!!

Second shot is the sun coming up over the parking lot at work. Notice the lack of cars at this hour. (Still unaware of the manual focus issue)

Third image is one of the halways in my building. It is now about 5:15am. (Still haven't figure out the manual focus thing) I don't start work till 7:00, but I go early and go to the gym before I start. My company has very nice fitness center right on campus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-img_2422.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2425.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-img_2427.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I'm changed into my workout close, but instead of staying in the gym, I went outside to the aprox. 1.5 mile trail that goes around our campus. These are shots from the trail. (Finally realized the focus issue and switched it back to AF!!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-img_2428.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-img_2429.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2431.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2433.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

A few more from the trail, and some quick pano's of campus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2439.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2444.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-untitled-1.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-untitled-2.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Finally settled into my desk and working hard as you can see. That top Post-it note is where I keep track of where I left off in the Harry Potter audio books. Just finished book 4 today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2446.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Lunch time!! This is where I go for my lunch break. Right behind me is our indoor olympic sized swimming pool. I have this patio to myself almose every time I go out here. I usually just sit and read a book or magazine and enjoy the atmosphere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2448.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

After my "breakfast", I decided to take a short trek. As most of you know, I'm not a small man and therefore, this trek, was more of an epic journey!!! hehe...I left the house at approx. 11:30a.m. and the wife picked me up at approximately 2:30p.m. approx. 3-4 miles from the house. The first 45 minutes was fairly easy, as it was still pretty cool and mostly downhill!!! The following pics are a pictorial diary of the first 30 minutes. The afternoon will follow probably tomorrow or Sunday. I have 4 of the 5 grandkids for most of the weekend and it makes it hard to get computer time.

1. As I left the house, this robin was waiting to see me off. I took a quick shot before he moved out of view....

The next 2 shots have to do with the filling of our local pool, getting ready for the opening weekend. The hydrant is assisting the pools plumbing in filling it up. The 2nd shot is the giant slide, as seen through the fence. Approx. 11:35am

As I continued my trek, I came across this satellite dish of our local radio station WPVL. Until recently, the station was located just behind the pool, but now has a new station down in the business district. Funny thing, the interference on our audio equipment has suddenly ceased. hehe

These next 2 are a couple of plants that I found interesting. I hope you like them. After these 2, I'll start a new section to finish off my AM part of my trek!!!!

Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

After work I headed home, changed my clothes, let the dogs out, grabbed the rest of my photo gear and jumped in the truck. I do some commercial lawn mowing as a side gig, and that's how I spent the rest of the day. These were taken on my lawn mowing route.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2456.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2462.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2467.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2468.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Finally finished my lawns, and it's time to head home. The first one is a shot from the parking lot of the last lawn I mowed. I stopped on my way home to catch the final colors of the setting sun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2472.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2475.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2476.jpg   24 Hours of Photographyreview starts Now!-crw_2481.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

That finishes approx. 15 minutes of my trek. To continue, I came across a couple trying to "do it" in the road! (any of you old enuff to remember that one??)

As I passed the Jr. High School, a couple of "bikers" came by. I didn't get any good shots of the first guy, but I liked this one of the second guy.

In closing out the morning, I managed to shoot a lot of flowers and this circular flower bed that I liked. I got to talk to the owner and he told me that he had only recently planted these and they were already beginning to flower. The first 2 shots are 2 of my favorites of the day. I hope you like all three. Technically, the flower garden was shot at 12:01, but since it was one of the last shots I took before my first long rest break, I am including it in the AM section of my journey.

As stated above, I will continue my journey at a later time, when the grandkids let me have a couple of hours at the computer. I hope you like my journey so far. It was definitely a learning experience for me.!!
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I want to say "thank you" to everyone who participated in the project yesterday. I know I didn't get a chance to respond to everyone's pictures but I wanted you all to know that I have looked at all of them many, many times. This has truly been a fun and new experience for me. And thank you all for making it happen!

Now, let's get back to posting pictures!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thank you Rick for coming up with the idea!!! And for the good job of moderating it. You must be a glutton for punishment to take on a 2nd one in such a short amount of time. If things go well tomorrow morning, I'll have something for the new thread...but for now...so as not to jinx it, I'll just save it for tomorrow!!!! Also, I have all of my pics chosen for the first group, but need some time to upload them. Good Job...take a pat on the back out of the cookie jar, for yourself!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    After work I headed home, changed my clothes, let the dogs out, grabbed the rest of my photo gear and jumped in the truck. I do some commercial lawn mowing as a side gig, and that's how I spent the rest of the day. These were taken on my lawn mowing route.
    Michael, are those the wind turbines along Hwy 18 west of Madison? I see the sign in the shot says Hwy 80, but they're probably a long walk from where you were. Those things are huge - first time I drove by them I thought they weren't far away, but a few miles went by before I got to them. Quite the setup you've got at work, and you usually have the patio to yourself?

Pentax Forum Moderator

AV...not sure, but I think those are the ones by Montfort on highway 80
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information