Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Taking pictures of Jewelry

I have a HP Photosmart 935 Digital Point and Shoot Camera.

I also own several light stands, some tungsten lights, and a tripod (if necessary)

I would like to know a recommended procedure to photograph jewelry. (to put on e-bay)

If I use available light the images are flat. If I use the flash the jewelry will reflect back into the camera.

How do I take nice images of jewelry?

I am particularly interested in how to set up lighting for photographing jewelry.

Thanks for your help

Multiple flashes would be best here. One off to the side as the key, and another at the other side, or at a 45deg. angle above and to the other side would be best in my opinion.

Marv,

Drape a white sheet over the camera and subject, shine a light through it from the side. What you want is very diffused light. They sell light tents for this sort of thing, but why buy when you already have a white sheet?
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

eurotraveller

Lightbulb Great web site for info!

I found this site yesterday and I am in the process of setting up a system like the $15 jewelry photo studio. I am on my way out the door to pick up the supplies so I will let you know how it goes!

http://www.home-jewelry-business-suc...com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo31
    Multiple flashes would be best here. One off to the side as the key, and another at the other side, or at a 45deg. angle above and to the other side would be best in my opinion.
    Man, I'm sorry. I posted this when I was new, and I still am, so don't listen to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo31
    Man, I'm sorry. I posted this when I was new, and I still am, so don't listen to me...
    I'm not sure your so far off. I know a lot of people use hot lights with a draped sheet or shoot through tent. I'm in the process of making a shoot through tent and want to use strobes for the light source. I want to use them because the quality and color of the flash should work well with jewlery. I do use digital so it's a lot less expensive and easier to experiment( and use Photoshop). I know MarvR doesn't sound like he has mono lights but the flash idea should still be workable.
    Good Luck Marv

Opinionated Newbie
    This article from popphoto may be helpfull. I highly recommend it as it is specifically for eBay style photo's.

http://www.popphoto.com/article.asp?...&page_number=1

Re: Taking pictures of Jewelry

I am just looking for which products to photograph

I'm just crazy about jewelry, especially photographing these items, because this is a rather complicated and time-consuming process, and I take on all the difficulties with great pleasure and I am even proud of it. And so, I had to photograph jewelry for the https://segaljewellery.com/collections/black-diamond and in the end I could not bear it and bought a couple of products, because after seeing them live I realized how much they still sell beautiful products

Hello. I have long dreamed of a ring with a small diamond. A good alternative to diamond rings, which can be expensive, are clarity enhanced diamonds. A clarity enhanced diamond is a diamond with flaws that have been enhanced by a silicone substance that is injected into the flaws making the diamond flawless to the naked eye. The clarity enhanced diamonds are usually a fraction of the cost of a real diamond. Try https://www.diamondregistry.com/4-carat-diamond-price/ for a great selection of this kind of clarity enhanced diamonds.

Hey guys! What are your favorite types of jewelry? Personally I really like different rings and necklaces!

Diamond rings for life!!!

Hmm, FREDDAWG asked a pretty interesting question. I would say that I really love earrings and bracelets. Bracelets can perfectly highlight a beautiful female wrist. Many people underestimate this accessory. For example, recently I bought myself a bracelet from raw turquoise for sale
    As for me, he looks very cool and with him I really feel much more confident and beautiful!

Hello, I am a great connoisseur and collector of jewelry. I also prefer to photograph popular jewelry made of various of materials with fashion elements. I recently found great wholesale jewelry source online, which includes all sorts of high fashion designs. For the sake of replenishing my collection, I am even ready to take this step and purchase jewelry in bulk.

Hey guys! What are your favorite types of jewelry? Personally I really like different rings and necklaces!

Diamond rings for life!!!

I adore various types of jewelry, but I can definitely say that my favorite type of jewelry is gold chains. Recently I bought myself such a gold chain https://www.itshot.com/jewelry/chain...ld-rope-chains and to be honest, I'm still in seventh heaven from such a purchase. The chain looks just incredible, and the price is not that great.

Thread Information