Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Question Studio setup for product shots...

What's the easiest and cheapest way to accomplish this?

thanks in advance...

Re: Studio setup for product shots...

What kind of products do you want to shoot, and how big will they be? The first thing that comes to mind is a light tent. A light tent gives you really soft, even light and you can use almost any kind of available lighting, as long as you use a tripod.

If you want to shoot bigger stuff, like bikes, it gets tricker. Generally, I prefer to shoot bigger stuff in a natural environment, with natural lighting. It's a lot easier since a studio big enough to shoot stuff like that is hard for the average person to come by.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    What kind of products do you want to shoot, and how big will they be? The first thing that comes to mind is a light tent. A light tent gives you really soft, even light and you can use almost any kind of available lighting, as long as you use a tripod.

If you want to shoot bigger stuff, like bikes, it gets tricker. Generally, I prefer to shoot bigger stuff in a natural environment, with natural lighting. It's a lot easier since a studio big enough to shoot stuff like that is hard for the average person to come by.
    I got tripods...and yes it would only be for smaller bits like stem, bars, saddle, cranks, etc..

I was looking at lastolite tents but they are pretty pricey! I'll look at the ones in that link - any specific one you recommend?

I don't have any specific recommendations. I think I'd get one pof the collapsible, box-style ones. I don't own one, although I've been planning to buy one ever since I took pictures of a pair of polished Phil Wood hubs - what a nightmare
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Peg

Does anyone have any experience with Alzo digital? They sell collapsible light tents in 48" width as kits with fluorescent cool lights and pricing's not bad...

Thread Information