Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

The Well Dressed Coach

Here is what the well dressed coach is wearing this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Well Dressed Coach-dsc_6425-2-1000.jpg   The Well Dressed Coach-dsc_3939-2-1000.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: The Well Dressed Coach

So *THAT* is where Squiggy ended up after Laverne & Shirley went off the air.. he should send Elton John his suit back too
    EOS 7D, Canon 24-70F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 (with or without 1.4 Extender), and posting photos on my website: viewthroughmylens.net

Holy smokes! That is quite a suit. Would like to photograph him throughout the season! LOL!

This is the second coach I have encountered this season with the Loudmouth clothing. The other was on the college level and got a lot of national publicity last year when the started wearing it. Here is a photo of Tom Hodges of MSU in one of his Loudmouth outfits from a couple of weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Well Dressed Coach-dsc_0244-2-1000.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Larry,

Some coaches suffer from arrested development. If they aren't yelling, screaming, and cursing as though they attended dramatic acting classes they are parading around in ridiculous outfits like this. The school presidents should take showboats like this to the woodshed for a little lecture on normal behavior and respect for the reputation of the school.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob32 View Post
    Larry,

Some coaches suffer from arrested development. If they aren't yelling, screaming, and cursing as though they attended dramatic acting classes they are parading around in ridiculous outfits like this. The school presidents should take showboats like this to the woodshed for a little lecture on normal behavior and respect for the reputation of the school.

Bob
    I see you found this post Bob. I just responded to your thread and duplicated the images of the Loudmouth clothing on it.

Nikon Samurai #13

Those are some pretty intense fashion choices!

I wonder what mix of this attention-getting attire is based on school spirit, some 'arrested development' need for attention as Bob suggests, and perhaps the practical reason of needing to contrast themselves against the bleachers so they can communicate with the refs/players more easily.

The first [left pane] picture of Old-Timer's post is pretty funny - it looks like the player really isn't a big fan of her coach.

Photo Moron PM

If I was an assistant Id be mad having to wear that ouch
    even my Sr. prom stuff wasnt that loud
    "I'm just an ATM machine"

i'm surprised the team is able to play. i'd be amused the entire time. however, the outfit does make the coach look "safe"

Well I think they wear those attractive suits so that their players can see them immediately in the crowd.. I'm curious how popular they are with those suits..
    You don’t take a photograph, you make it.
    - Ansel Adams
    stylist photographer in los angeles

This guy is awesome. Investing in well-fitting and stylish clothes can make a significant impact on the image of coaches. Their attire plays an important role in how they are perceived by their team and the public. If you are seeking some inspiration and recommendations for men's fashion, check out Nykaa Fashion reviews online.

Thread Information