Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Volleyball Tournament Action

First round OVC tournament volleyball action. Should have a few from the finals I'll be shooting tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Volleyball Tournament Action-dsc_5555-2-1000.jpg   Volleyball Tournament Action-dsc_5667-2-1000.jpg   Volleyball Tournament Action-dsc_5713-2-1000.jpg   Volleyball Tournament Action-dsc_5796-2-1000.jpg   Volleyball Tournament Action-dsc_5891-2-1000.jpg  

Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Volleyball Tournament Action

Good stuff, Larry. My favorites are #1, #2, and #4. You caught a rare commodity in #1, namely, a left handed hitter. I don't see many of those aground here. D700 + 70-200 VR?

I shot five volleyball matches yesterday at a high school volleyball championships event, so I have lots of images that i could post here, but I am reluctant to do so due to the lack of responses. You and I seem to be the about the only ones on this forum who are interested in volleyball. Nobody seems to reacting to our comments about the shortage of replies.

Bob

kgwebmedia.com

not too bad! I found shooting volleyball from above the best or at the end of the court if possible
    Konstandinos Goumenidis
    Sports Photographer
    http://kgwebmedia.com

I have struggled with shooting locations with volleyball. I have tried several but none seem to be just what I am looking for to get the widest variety of shots.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Shooting locations are tuff in VB. Got to shoot in back if you want faces. I like shooting from stands in dark gyms. You get more light that way. Nice job on the pictures I like all your work.

@Bob really busy finishing football at the moment. VB is over for me this year. I will post some shots ASAP. You do have another VB shooter on here

Larry,

It looks to me like three of your shots were taken at three of my favorite locations for shooting volleyball.

Photo #1 appears to have been taken from low on the sideline in the vicinity of the ten foot line.

Photo #2 appears to have been shot from high in the stands.

Photo #5 appears to have been taken from the end of the court.

Bob

Your right Bob I changed location each set in this match and seemed to find something I liked about each location. Getting good face reactions is prime goal and each location had its advantages and disadvantages. At any rate VB is over for me this season and it's on to basketball.

Thanks for the looks and comment Tony.

Nikon Samurai #13

This shots are really perfect.I think that sport are very important thing in the lives of many people. Personally,I like play basketball and I use https://www.buy-cheapessay.com/buy-research-paper to have more time for it.

I like volleyball. A very interesting sport and extremely feminine.

I love volleyball too. Very often I watch it on TV or online on the Internet, for example here https://777score.co.uk/ . The main thing that there were no delays in the broadcast and the sound did not lag behind what is happening on the screen. This site provides such a high quality broadcast.

Let's play professional volleyball with a team of 3 girls! Challenged the computer against the crowd. The classical tactics include passing, playing and beating the ball. Control each player very carefully to hit the ball in the right moment!
    >>> Play volleyball and basketball in bet168

Thread Information