Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Suggestions on how to make baseball cards?

I'm looking at getting some action shots of my kids baseball team and was wondering what I would need to make some baseball cards for the kids. What program would be needed, printer (go somewhere or do it at home?), type of card stock etc? If anyone has suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated!

Re: Suggestions on how to make baseball cards?

You should be able to find something in your editing software that will help you, like templates. I did it for a minor league team the last two years, and what I did was create my own cards of each player, put them into a wallet size template (the template was for 8 pictures), save 'em to a cd, and took the cd up to a local super store for printing. They printed 'em up but I had to cut the 'cards' out myself. The template was for 8X10 so I had to trim the excess. It worked pretty good, the cost came to $2.50 per 8X10 sheet. I gave each player one, and had him autograph the other, so I was able to have a complete team set.
    Someone might suggest a better way. That's just the way I did it.
    John

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

check out mpix.com I believe they do trader cards... their customer service is exceptional too.

Awesome! Thanks for the help guys!

Thread Information