I am starting to get the hang of the strobe set up, although I really have a hard time getting a consistent xposure over the entire photo. I really choose to keep the strobes out of direct line of site of the officials, players and scorer, so it has been difficult finding am ideal place to set them up. I also always bounce basketball off the ceiling.

The BBB and GBB shots are the same gym. They have a place, right over the scorers table. It is about 12 feet up and points at the ceiling over each foul line. But a visiting coach asked that they not be there -- what is a ball hits them, (14 feet high, behind the scorers table) and the glass bulb breaks? I just smiled and moved them.

Here was my first go-around with Boys and Girls BB.

#1: Boys Hoops - I was getting the shots I wanted of each individual on the team. The ref, who was at a game I shot the day before, was standing directly in front of me, where ever I slide to. I I had to go to this side. The result ... no faces in my favorite shot of the night. >

Strobing Winter-Indoor  HS Sports-img_3688.jpg

#2: GBB - The camera loves this kid. She is the daughter of an ex-NJ Net.

Strobing Winter-Indoor  HS Sports-img_6575.jpg

#3: This was may favorite of the girls game. It was the opposite side and I had no strobes pointing there, so I was opened to 3.2, 1/250 - but for some reason I was at 500 ISO? Must have not switched it on the fly. The result -- this is photoshoped and I unmasked it, but I love the action, just miss the faces. As the strobe reflecting off the backboard takes away a bit.

Strobing Winter-Indoor  HS Sports-img_6648.jpg

Ice Hockey! Love shooting ice hockey! Just 1/100th of a second of you actually seeing the puck in his glove. You can see it in the webbing, but only part of it. I sent it to the father, who was interested in buying a 20x30, but I warned him that his eyes close.

Strobing Winter-Indoor  HS Sports-wmc_keep2.jpg

This is the 20x30 he went with. It is a bit out of focus, but the father loved it. I lightened the edges with a white vignette. Easy touch with photoshop -- Filter > Distort
> Lens Correction

Strobing Winter-Indoor  HS Sports-wmc_keep5_white.jpg

Any comments, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated.