Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Spring Corn

Spring Corn

A little early this year but I figured I'd better get out there before it's gone!
    I skied a nearby mountain, Carbon Peak with a buddy last weekend. We started early and when we got up top (after 3 hrs of hard climbing) the snow had softened nicely in the sun. The line we typically ski from the summit was pretty scoured by the wind so we skied a different gully a few hundred feet below the summit. It was good skiing there!

Starting out

IMGP2121.jpg by MattB.net, on Flickr

Taking a break

IMGP2133.jpg by MattB.net, on Flickr

Our valley

IMGP2138.jpg by MattB.net, on Flickr

Getting the goods

IMGP2155.jpg by MattB.net, on Flickr

IMGP2162.jpg by MattB.net, on Flickr

Re: Spring Corn

Nice touring photos! I love that first one and the photo of the valley. The black-and-white treatment is perfect for the climbing photo. Looks like a classic mountaineering image

It sure did switch from winter to spring quickly, huh? I looked at the avy report this last weekend and went mountain biking instead. I've never been able to get very excited about spring skiing.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Spring Corn

Thanks John! I know how you feel. I'll be getting the road bike out this week; I need to get some miles in the saddle before a race I have coming up in May. Nice to have some light available after work with the time change. With the warm temps lately it won't be too long before I get get back on local dirt which will also be very nice!

Thread Information