Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Some DH MTB SHots

Went out with Richard the other night and did some shooting. He is still on it for sure. He won the Pro cat in a race a few weeks back with 22 competitors in the group with a fall as well.

Re: Some DH MTB SHots

Man - I really love that location! The rock reminds me of the Pacifica trails and you've got such great backgrounds. Having Richard as a rider doesn't hurt, either

Have you tried to really bring the beach in as a background? That's an opportunity not to be wasted! Plus, it might be a good exercise for you. That second photo is a beauty but I can't help but wonder if you couldn't make the ocean a more obvious element. Have you tried shooting this loaction earlier in the day? Maybe you should shoot in the morning and try to pull the ocean in a little closer...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Man - I really love that location! The rock reminds me of the Pacifica trails and you've got such great backgrounds. Having Richard as a rider doesn't hurt, either

Have you tried to really bring the beach in as a background? That's an opportunity not to be wasted! Plus, it might be a good exercise for you. That second photo is a beauty but I can't help but wonder if you couldn't make the ocean a more obvious element. Have you tried shooting this loaction earlier in the day? Maybe you should shoot in the morning and try to pull the ocean in a little closer...
    John,

No I have never shot here before. I forgot the sun sets more North. I actually cropped about 1000 pixels off the L side. I will look at PSD again and try recropping it some. Yeah its weird having a rider ask what you want them to do. He said just tell me I will do anything. I am thinking sweet you are a Fireman now and have a 7 month old at home that you have a mortgage on. I am good with what you are doing now!

Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn View Post
    its weird having a rider ask what you want them to do. He said just tell me I will do anything.
    He's a different breed and operating at a different level. I still can't forget that photo in Bike of him at Mammoth underneath the lift. It's one of the biggest, sketchiest looking jumps I remember seeing.

By the way, that bike is beautiful. Are these for your employer or do they let you take the bikes out for your own pleasure?
    Photo-John

He's a different breed and operating at a different level. I still can't forget that photo in Bike of him at Mammoth underneath the lift. It's one of the biggest, sketchiest looking jumps I remember seeing.

By the way, that bike is beautiful. Are these for your employer or do they let you take the bikes out for your own pleasure?
    You have a link to the image? It is the one they used in Decline article awhile back right? No the bike is being tested for my site and something else is in the works with it as well!

No link. Sorry. I remember I was still shooting with an EOS 3 at the time and I think it might have been the first year they had 4X at Sea Otter. That would make it 2000, I think? Not sure if they used it in Decline. What was the article?
    Photo-John

No link. Sorry. I remember I was still shooting with an EOS 3 at the time and I think it might have been the first year they had 4X at Sea Otter. That would make it 2000, I think? Not sure if they used it in Decline. What was the article?
    Mark Weir wrote it and it was probably a year or so ago. He was in the top right side of image like 20 spectators with mouths on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn View Post
    Mark Weir wrote it and it was probably a year or so ago. He was in the top right side of image like 20 spectators with mouths on the floor.
    That sounds like the photo. And that photo was taken when he was on the WTB team and Weir was still racing DH. I don't look at Decline that much though, so I didn't see it there. It's a photo that seriously stuck with me, though.
    Photo-John

nice post...

Thread Information