Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Radical

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Talking Radical

2 shots from today. Crappy weather for photo's but it had its moments! These Radicals were flying, great racing. I have about 500 more to look at but here is one I liked. Hope you all do too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Radical-radicalr.jpg   Radical-radical-dirtr.jpg  
    Last edited by Lori11; 03-29-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: forgot 2nd photo

Re: Radical

Love it....great shots....love the color sharpness
    BFiredup
    "The new girl on the block! :blush2: "
    Canon 40D
    Canon Rebel 300D
    70-200mm USM IS f/2.8L
    EFS 18-55 Kit lens
    Canon EF 75-300 f/4-5.6III
    Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM
    Epson Stylus 1800

Haha, I was out there this afternoon Lori! The weather was absolute junk, no sun, very cool, and a strong wind. The 50mm isn't exactly choice out there, but I'll post some shots if I got anything decent. There were a lot more interesting and quick cars out there than I thought would be.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

PBOC is one of my favorite "non-events" LOL I took about 900 pics had a ball, the races were great. To bad I didnt know you were there, I was working the back straight Hence the Lori11 Name. Cant wait to see your photos too! I just got in so it will be a bit before I get them uploaded, and thanks BF I loved the colors too

Here are a few of mine. Mostly massive crops due to the short lens... thank goodness for 10Mp.

Griding up

Passing on the front straight

Expensive smoke trail

I'd take his view

My favorite car shot from the day.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye

My Blog

LOL sheesh, you were right by me when you shot some of these, I will post the "smoke trail" I got. I was in the stand on the back straight by the lion lol
    Let me know if you change your mind on squeezing in a race or 2 for AMA, I would be happy to get you tickets! There is always GrandAM if AMA wont work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Radical-smoke1r.jpg   Radical-smoke2r.jpg  
    Last edited by Lori11; 03-31-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added photo's

Lori - that's funny we were that close and had no idea! That's very generous of you to offer the AMA tickets, and believe me I truly would love to be there, but it's just an impossibility with exams so close. The Grand-Am race, though, I am certainly planning to attend.

Do you get media credentials for the big races, and if so, how do you go about doing that? Hopefully I'll have a 70-200 by the time Grand-Am rolls around, so I want to be able to get in some good positions.
    Brad

My Blog

Grand Am is in July so I will get those tickets for you, no problem! There is a WERA race in May, let me know if you want to go to that. You know those people you see running out on a hot track to pick up bikes and riders? Well thats me LOL I have less brains than the racers. Credentials are hard to get for media but you can still get great photo's from behind the fence. If you want to try to get them for Grand Am try now, it takes a while to get approved. Let me know if you are going to try!

Wow, are you serious? Tickets to Grand-Am would be awesome! I've been to every Grand-Am race at Barber, even back in 2003 when there were only 6 cars running in a then-new class called "Daytona Prototype" - a far cry from the nearly 30 they bring now! It's been great seeing that event grow and mature into the strong series it is now.

I'd love to go to the WERA race, especially b/c I'd like to race in that series when I get done w/ school, but unfortunately that event is during exams as well... they last about 3 weeks! Ugh.

Hey, track workers are awesome! The racers couldn't do it without yall. And yeah, yall are a little tweaked in the head... but I think that goes for all of us who've inhaled a little too much race gas .

I've read Barber's credentials page a few times. Sounds like you basically need God to say you're in the media to get a pass. That's why I asked if you got them or not, so I could see if there was a trick to it. Oh well, you're right, you can get a lot of good shots from outside the fence.
    Brad

My Blog

You can get great shots, especiall from the back straight and from turn 2 (what we call 2) Im going to get credentials for AHRMA I think. Will let you know, let me know what races you want to go to also. I will have tickets for you in Will Call When it gets closer I will get the info for you. I have bikes Fri and cars Sat and Sun again. I am hoping for better weather!

Thread Information