Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

As promised - Colts fans.....

Ok this will take a few posts to get em all in, but here they are - Colts vs Jags 04 version. Of course all images copyright ME!

#1: hey, gotta have those cheerleaders!

#2: this is the one that will/should make ya laugh...self explanatory I think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails As promised - Colts fans.....-coltscheer.jpg   As promised - Colts fans.....-colts9.jpg   As promised - Colts fans.....-colts8.jpg   As promised - Colts fans.....-colts7.jpg  

Re: As promised - Colts fans.....

As you can see, the action got upclose and personal....ran for my life a couple times!

I was there to take pictures of the Jags Todd Yoder, a former high school player from our county. He's #83 for the Jags.

There are more below.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails As promised - Colts fans.....-colts6.jpg   As promised - Colts fans.....-colts5.jpg   As promised - Colts fans.....-colts4.jpg   As promised - Colts fans.....-colts3.jpg  
    Last edited by JSPhoto; 09-18-2005 at 12:37 AM.

More below too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails As promised - Colts fans.....-colts2.jpg   As promised - Colts fans.....-colts1.jpg  
    Last edited by JSPhoto; 09-18-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Wow. I love them all. Hopefully I will be able to get onto an NFL game sideline one day to get shots like this. I like #2. It looks like he's trying to dribble the ball behind is back, not trying to pick upi a fumble.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Great images John! NFL sidelines a dream come true. You made the most of it. To have action like that and great light to shot in, I would feel like I died and went to heaven. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks, it was a fun day, and I would have been at todays game except Todd Yoder is on IR for the season. These were shot in the RCA Dome on a sunny day. Although the roof is solid white it somehow reflects the sun just right and gives fantastic light.
    Being on the sidelines was great! Gotta watch yourself though, a lot of photographers, security and big ole football players. It's tough work, running back and forth.

Hopefully the Colts Freeny #93 will be in Leftwich's face all day, Mungro (fumble) will catch the ball, Manning will keep smiling, Harrison keeps catchin TD's and the Colts keep winning.

Kickoff...gotta watch the game on TV this year

Quote Originally Posted by masdog
    Wow. I love them all. Hopefully I will be able to get onto an NFL game sideline one day to get shots like this. I like #2. It looks like he's trying to dribble the ball behind is back, not trying to pick upi a fumble.

Well, my first impression, and the reason it didn't get in the paper, is, well, why I put it number 2
    Thanks, glad ya like em!
    JS

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Kickoff...gotta watch the game on TV this year
    Yeh I got the Bengals going here at half time they are wiping up on the Vikings. Maybe they really are back. Who Dey!!!

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I bow down to you JS. I still haven't picked my lower jaw off the keyboard yet.... OMG & AMAZING!

I was going to get brave and post a pic or two..... Um, I think I'll wait. LMAO!
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

My whole family walked out the door a few hours ago. We are season ticket holders for the Seattle Seahawks. I can't imagine standing on the sidelines. I'm so impressed. Have I mentioned that I'm impressed?

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Quote Originally Posted by JETA
    I was going to get brave and post a pic or two..... Um, I think I'll wait. LMAO!
    Hey JETA post those pictures. It's great to be on the NFL sidelines, but the whole idea is to get out there and shot what you can when you can. Post your pictures and continue to learn what it takes to produce image that could get you a shot at an NFL sidelines someday.

Nikon Samurai #13

Hey JETA, pick your jaw off the floor and post some pics!

The ONLY reason I got to shoot that game is the fact that a former county player was playing for the Jags, and the fact that the sports editor has connections. In fact it is through him that I have gotten to do all that I have, including the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400, all the high school sports and so on. In a way it's a fairy tale ending I guess. Sometime I will have to start a thread on "how I became a pro", and it was completly accidental... actually, litteraly an accident. Needless to say I have been very fortunate in a hard nosed business.

JS

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Yeh I got the Bengals going here at half time they are wiping up on the Vikings. Maybe they really are back. Who Dey!!!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! THat really hurts OT

I guess you missed the post that said the Vikings are MY favorite team......

JS

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! THat really hurts OT

I guess you missed the post that said the Vikings are MY favorite team......

JS
    Hey I've suffered thru the last decade or so with the Bengels. Give me just a little time in the sun.

Nikon Samurai #13

OK. I'll go do it now. I feel like I need to preface all of my pics with excuses.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

I suffered last week with the Bears, and they really turned it around and whooped on the Lions. Now they only need to carry that over to the Packers and I will be a very happy camper. My girlfriend won't be, and if the Bears win on Christmas, I might not want to be around her family.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Hey I've suffered thru the last decade or so with the Bengels. Give me just a little time in the sun.

Well I hate to say it but around here they are known as the Bungles... yes you have suffered... but do they need to take it out on MY team? lol.

This has been a difficult football season for me... the Vikings are 0-2, and my ole high school is on the verge of their first losing season in 28 years! they are 1-4!!! This REALLY HURTS! But then again... in 2003 they wound up winning 7 straight games at the end of the year.... only to get blown out in the state championship 49-0. They were 7-7 that year.

Quote Originally Posted by JETA
    OK. I'll go do it now. I feel like I need to preface all of my pics with excuses.
    Now none of that JETA! Your doing fine... you don't need to get down. This is how I learned too. Wow, when I look back at some of my first year shots I cringe and wonder how the paper ran any of them, or why they kept using me.
    I finally got answer to that question though. 1: I was getting better all the time 2: I was reliable, even at the last minute .... now if they could just reliable on the pay checks!

JS

I suffered last week with the Bears, and they really turned it around and whooped on the Lions. Now they only need to carry that over to the Packers and I will be a very happy camper. My girlfriend won't be, and if the Bears win on Christmas, I might not want to be around her family.
    Ahhh..... DA Bears.... lol, I love when the Vikings and Bears play.... although I am a bit worried this year... heck, even the Lions may thump the Vikes this year

JS

Hey...the Bengals are nothing. I'm also a Cubs fan!!! Wrong sport, I know....
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

The Vikings just need to get their team in order and adjust to not having Moss for defenses to focus on.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Hey...the Bengals are nothing. I'm also a Cubs fan!!! Wrong sport, I know....
    yeah, the Twinkies do have a couple of championships since the Cubies wpon one

And the Vikes are missin more than just Moss.... that dude just tore the team up internally and the coaches didn't do their jobs controlling him. They have more issues than this though, have for several years. Cunningham's a good QB but can't hold onto the ball at all. If he isn't fumbling he's passing to the wrong team

Thread Information