Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>
    NSSA/AIPS

Park City Point 2 Point MTB race

Picture 80 miles of fall single track MTB fun. Can you envision this as a race with 14k' of climbing? You can't? I tried to capture it for you.... Want to try it? Start at Park City Piont To Point and get ready to register fast when it opens. This years race sold out in 3 minutes 57 seconds.

It's not about the camera....

Re: Park City Point 2 Point MTB race

Nice pics! My good friend and neighbor Jenny Smith did pretty well this year. Too bad she couldn't hold on to that lead!
    Get any good ones of her? #74 I think.

NSSA/AIPS

Quote Originally Posted by mattb View Post
    Nice pics! My good friend and neighbor Jenny Smith did pretty well this year. Too bad she couldn't hold on to that lead!
    Would that be Stan's No Tubes Jenny Smith? if so yes. the entire upload is here: Park City Point to Point - Images | Fred Marx: Photography From Christopher See

Quote Originally Posted by mattb View Post
    Third place! I think she was in first really early on and when I saw her in the middle she was the first woman, but as she passed she said she'd accidentally gone of course and cut a section out. She wasn't the only one and everyone who made that mistake got a 20 minute penalty, I think.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

NSSA/AIPS

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Third place! I think she was in first really early on and when I saw her in the middle she was the first woman, but as she passed she said she'd accidentally gone of course and cut a section out. She wasn't the only one and everyone who made that mistake got a 20 minute penalty, I think.
    I don't know if she made the same mistake as the other course cutters. I think she was off the front by 5+ at the first place they passed me, but I missed her because I was screwing with gear. At Flagstaff it was 15 or more. She was 3-4 minutes up on Amanda Carey leaving PCMR. Finished second at Canyons, down 10+ on Carey. I never saw the final timing though.

Yes, that's her. She was in the lead for a while and I didn't hear how she lost it. Strong lady! Really nice too.

IMGP9632-Edit.jpg by MattB.net, on Flickr

Thread Information