Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Lightbulb Need some guidance...

Well, I did some research and decided that the Nikon D70 is the best camera that i could get with my budget. I was currently shooting with my parents Sony Cyber-Shotm DSC-W1. I am very aware that that camera doesnt fit my needs. I am primarily shooting baseball, basketball, and football images. What I need help with is what type of accessories I should purchase with my camera. Obviously a lens since I wont be too close to most of the action (aside from basebal). Anything else?? High-speed memory card(s). If so what kind? Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.

I am in the same boat, or ship as you.

The camera body you buy is the cheap part of getting a good "cheap sports photography set up".
    The money, as I am finding out is in the lenses. What kind of photos do you want to take?

Re: Need some guidance...

For those looking to buy gear, if you want good gear at a low price consider bying something like a used Canon 1D. They are becoming more available as pro shooters change over to the Mark II.
    This is a good way to get your feet wet with much lower cost.

JS

Thread Information