Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Mtn Biking

If you saw it, you didn't get it. tadrscin's Avatar

Mtn Biking

Here's a few from last night. I'd be particularly interested if they seem too dark. I purposely underexposed the background, so it's the riders I'm curious about. I just got a new monitor and I may not have it calibrated just right yet. They look darker here at work, but this monitor is a POS. The last one I adjusted based on my work monitor so let me know if that one is too light. Other comments also welcome.
    1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)
    Ray
    --
    I race down mountains on a bike and I take photographs, but never both at the same time :nono:

Feel free to edit any of my photos as long as you explain in detail what you did.

My Gear
    Canon 7D
    Some L glass.
    Flashes, Radio Poppers, etc.
    My Gallery
    My Life

Re: Mtn Biking

Well I am not an expert for sure, and I don't have a specially calibrated monitor either, but I can tell that the last one is lighter than the rest....but IMO just right from this angle....the others are darker, but you said you were going for the darker background....but even the riders seem darker to me....

But I am sure someone else with a better monitor will chime in....and give you the real skinny....LOL
    BFiredup
    "The new girl on the block! :blush2: "
    Canon 40D
    Canon Rebel 300D
    70-200mm USM IS f/2.8L
    EFS 18-55 Kit lens
    Canon EF 75-300 f/4-5.6III
    Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM
    Epson Stylus 1800

Thread Information