Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: MTB action

MTB action

C and C please, plus, I think it is time for remote flash. there are some shots I want, but can't get. distance shots, with good depth, but the rider is too dark

http://desmo13.exposuremanager.com/

The one - The only

Re: MTB action

#1 is by far the best I've ever seen from you! Great lighting, panning, composition, and eye for action.

One nit pick I have is that I would have liked to see more of where he's going and put him a little further to the right in the frame.
    Dave
    My SportsShooter Page
    My Gallery

Canon Digital Gear

Thank you BLS, you compliments mean a lot. I have been meaning to get wider shots, but am usually finding myself limited by terrain on how far I can get back. I am using a 17-55mm

the second shot, is by far my favorite ..in Idea, not so good in execution.

I like a long shot, where the total picture is the focus, or the environment is the focus, and the rider just an accent. But I really suck at executing those types of shots.

Also, you think I am over processing?

http://desmo13.exposuremanager.com/

The one - The only

I like #2 in terms of your composition, idea, and the greater picture; but, I think the hot spots are distracting, busy to my eye, and a little contrasty. Maybe if you stopped down a bit and had remote flashes to light the riders...it may be more balanced. I think once you get the remotes (if you decide to do that), you can do a great reshoot of #2.

As far as over-processing...I don't think you are over-processing your images. They feel much more natural. I think they may be a bit over saturated, but they look good. What are you using for USM or Sharpening?

Your flash in #4 is a bit overpowered, but try using the Shadow/Highlight tool. Maybe adjust the highlights to 5-7 and see what it does to the frame.

--Dave
    Dave
    My SportsShooter Page
    My Gallery

Canon Digital Gear

Thread Information