Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Moving on, selling gear

It's been a long, long time since I've posted here, and although I miss this place I just can't seem to get a break....sometimes litterally! Two weeks ago the brakes went out on my Dodge 2500HD and, with 6,000lbs of wood in the back i blew a red light didn't hit anything or get hit but......
    Anyway, the economy hit me bigtime, so bad I am still trying to rebuild things from the tornado in 08 and well, I can't see my camera and lenses just sitting here doing nothing so I am selling everything.
    What I have is:
    Canon 1D MKII N Great body, only wear is from the neck strap (normal) and could be repainted there if so inclined. Mechanically sound it comes with charger and battery (I think I have the original box too).
    Canon 70-200 USM IS - Looks and works great the hoods beat up thanks to Canon switching them at the track with one that looks horrid but works fine.
    Canon 17-35 F2.8 Great lens although no hood and it looks rough on the threaded area.
    Sigma Extender x2 works fantastic on the 70-200
    Canon EX-550 Flash, like new.
    PM for prices and give a location for shipping.
    I'll be posting in the for sale section too (if it's still around) but figured I'd give the sports folks here first chance

John
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: Moving on, selling gear

That's a bad string of circumstances, John. Your luck will change for the better soon I'm sure.

You may be without a camera soon but please continue to post here. Your knowledge and expertise are an inspiration to others.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Thanks Loupey, and we will see whats up with posting. My problem during the summer is dealing with three girls ages 7, 9 and 11 and keeping them busy and not argueing with each other. It doesn't work well lol. Worse they are not my kids, but a friends. I watch them so mom can work and her 14 year old watches the 1 year old. During the school year i run the kids to school and home morning and afternoon. Anyway what time is left has been taken up dealing with stuff at home and thats getting harder....hmmmm, I'm not 20 any more lol. What time I get alone is usually spent doing a bit of off roading or working on the Jeep which is my "fun time' I guess.

John
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

With Indy coming up I'm going to miss your photo take on it. Sure good to hear from you again, hang in there. There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow somewhere, just hope you can find it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks OT, odd I replied but it didn't go through, must have been storm gremlins again.
    Actually in some ways I don't miss going to the track for the 500 or 400. I guess I have enough to keep me busy so I'm too worn out to think about it.

John
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

John sorry to hear your getting rid of your gear. Hope life turns around for you and becomes less frantic.
    Having met some of the folks here and finally getting to work the 400 this year and you won't be there, bummed.
    Check your PM's
    Jimmy B

Hey Jimmy B you will have to give me a call while here in Indy and maybe we can meet up :thumbsup:

John
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Thread Information