Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Motorsports

Motorsports

Hello Everyone,
    I just joined in here and I shoot motorsports mostly, from Karts to NASCAR. I also shoot sports for a local newspaper and other papers from around Indiana.
    The below shot is from the recent "Rumble in the Dome" series and shows Cole Carter driving up on the front end of another car in the Winged Outlaw Mini Sprints AKA "600's" due to the 600cc engines they run.
    Among the above mentioned items I am a track photographer at Anderson Speedway home of the "Little 500" Sprint car race and worlds fastest paved 1/4 ,ile track. I shoot for Late Modle Digest and several other motorsports magazines.
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorsports-c15e2139.jpg  

Good to have you aboard

Good to have you aboard here. We need some variety in our styles and types of photographs and from this first teaser it look like you can give us just that. Very nice first post. Be sure and check out the other boards and chime in there as well. We have a great group with a wide range of skills and styles. Feel free to jumb right in. I think you will find this a very friendly place to exhibit your work and talk shop. Welcome

Thank God!

Something besides mountain bikes

Of course, I'm one of the worst of the prolific mountain bike posters. But I want more variety here. A good sports forum should have representatives from all sorts of sports photography. A sprint car photography is certainly welcome. I'm hoping to shoot some motorcycle roadracing this summer. That's what I used to do before I got hooked on bicycles. I want to get back to doing some more motrosports. I miss the smell of race gas

Welcome to the site. Hope you stick around and share you photos, ideas, and techniques with us. I'm sure we can all learn from you and hopefully you can learn something from the rest of us. That's what this forum is for.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Don't worry, I have lots of "different" sports I shoot. All kinds of racing, not just sprints and midgets. And I shoot a lot of highschool sports as well. In fact tomorrow I will be shooting the gymnastic state finals for a newspaper. I am fortunate to work with a newspaper that covers four highschools and all of their sports as well as semi pro hockey, football and who knows what will be next. They keep giving me new things..... but NO GOLF!!! lol
    John

Sweet, I like the sparks. It IS good to have some variety too, but I am about to post some mtb shots, so there goes that! I wish this shot was taken from a different angle, so the cars would be more of a profile shot.

Welcome aboard!

Nice first post! I'll be looking forward to seeing more! I'm bad about posting mostly aviation photos but do occasionally foray out into other areas! I've got a cousin that is into racing karts and I've been trying to get to one of his races. If I do, I'll post some shots and see what you think.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thread Information