Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Motorkhana

Amateur

Motorkhana

Some photos from the "Easter Sale Yards Dash" - A motorkhana held by the Bendigo Car Club

For those not familiar with it, a Motorkhana is a skill based motorsport. Cars are required to navigate their way around a course (designated by Orange Cones) as fast as possible - Kids as young as 12 can compete. a variety of cars comepete from specially designed motorkhana cars (Specials) to ordinary road cars

Comments and Criticisms welcome

Click here to see rest of gallery

Thanks for looking
    mattyj
    Canon 650D - Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8, Canon 50mm F/1.8, Sigma 50-500mm F/5-6.3
    http://www.pbase.com/mattyjsmith

Re: Motorkhana

Very nice! Motorkhana sounds like what we call rallycross, here - essentially a tight parking lot course. I especially like the first photo with the car mashing the cone

I like that you're shooting with the Canon 650D. I've got a thing for shooting with small, inexpensive cameras. I think most people underestimate what you can do with an "entry-level" camera. Technique is almost always more important than gear and these photos absolutely demonstrate that
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Amateur

Re: Motorkhana

Thanks for the comments Photo-John

650D seems pretty good so far, one day, when i can convince my wife its a good idea, i will upgrade to a nicer body - wanted to get some decent lenses first, so need to let those purchases dissapear from her memory lol
    mattyj
    Canon 650D - Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8, Canon 50mm F/1.8, Sigma 50-500mm F/5-6.3
    http://www.pbase.com/mattyjsmith

Thread Information