Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Motocross

Motocross

I went to The Lakeland USA Speedway for some late model racing, over the weekend. I arrived a little early and heard the sound of mortor cycles coming from a motocross facility next to the track.

The lighting was poor and I probably had the shutter speed cranked up a little too much, but I thought the shots still turned out pretty nice.

Click on an image to see a larger view.

Keith Preble
    ActionVue.com

Re: Motocross

Very nice shots. Even with the gray skies they came out well. I agree the shutter speed may have been a touch high, but then again, they came out sharp and that's the important thing.

My only advice, as a rider / having some MX photography experience, try to catch the riders more in the middle of jump, or coming out of a turn with roost flying. Other than that, these are great shots.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Thread Information