Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: More FNL

More FNL

Here are a few more from Friday Night Lights, from the B list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails More FNL-dsc_2981-3.jpg   More FNL-dsc_3014-2.jpg   More FNL-dsc_2935-2.jpg   More FNL-dsc_2961-2.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: More FNL

Not bad there OT. I think you SHOULD have shot my game for me last night.... I did lousy!
    Besides bad lighting, fog and crooked goal posts things just didn't go well gear wise. It seems my lens has now quit working and I was back to doing things manually...argh!

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Not bad there OT. I think you SHOULD have shot my game for me last night.... I did lousy!
    Besides bad lighting, fog and crooked goal posts things just didn't go well gear wise. It seems my lens has now quit working and I was back to doing things manually...argh!
    Sounds like you have run into one of those times when what ever can go wrong will. I don't think I could shot manuel with the two touch 80-200 that I use for football. I use to do it all the time with a push pull type zoom, but that was much easier to focus and zoom at the same time.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

What reasonbly priced flash do you guys recommend that can help me get those type shots? I guess if you're using a 200mm F2.8 lens, you're going to have a a good flash. I remember you guys talking about cutting back the power on them or so. So, with that in mind, what flash should I be looking into? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F
    What reasonbly priced flash do you guys recommend that can help me get those type shots? I guess if you're using a 200mm F2.8 lens, you're going to have a a good flash. I remember you guys talking about cutting back the power on them or so. So, with that in mind, what flash should I be looking into? Thanks.

Scott,
    I use a Sunpak 433D I think. I bought it used for $55, Works better than the 430EZ Canon I paid $150 for. That one exploded due to a bad set of brand new Duracell batteries. I sent the thing and they kept it, never gave me a penny for the damages. Blew a whole nights shooting, not to mention a 300+ mile drive. I won't touch Duracell anymore!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F
    I use the Nikon SB800 for a variety of reasons. Mostly becasue it supports all the latest Nikon flash tech stuff. However there are several third party flashes that can be used if you are not concerned with the flash being compatable with all camera functions. I used Vivitar flashes for years with my manuel film cameras and they did a great job. I just check B&H and they listed a digital Vivitar flash for around $70.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information