Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Middle School Baseball

My nephew played his first game as a middle school baseball player yesterday. Big step up from Little League. This was the first time on 90 foot bases. Here are a few random images from the game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Middle School Baseball-dsc_6559-2-800.jpg   Middle School Baseball-dsc_6466-2-800.jpg   Middle School Baseball-dsc_6505-2-800.jpg   Middle School Baseball-dsc_6596-2-800.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Middle School Baseball

Here are a few others from the same game. And yes the last one is a called third strike. Maybe if he would have opened his eyes????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Middle School Baseball-dsc_6527-2-800.jpg   Middle School Baseball-dsc_6463-2-800.jpg   Middle School Baseball-dsc_6545-2-800.jpg   Middle School Baseball-dsc_6482-2-800.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

These are all great OT. You caught so many good elements here.

I remember when Antone made the switch to what I used to call "the big boys field". LOL
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Thanks Julie. I've been getting pics of my nephew since he started T-Ball. I wish I had had the gear I have today when my boys and girls were working their way up through the ranks. I was shooting mostly video of them back in those days. We gather around the TV and get a real hoot out of some of those today.

Nikon Samurai #13

Good captures.. I remember making the switch from little league up to seniors myself. The size difference between kids just a couple years apart in that league can be huge. I was a small 13yo facing some big 15-16yo kids and it was down right scary at the plate the first few times facing them... Good times though... Wish I had some photos of those days to look back on... Take good care of those, and I'm sure your nephew will appreciate it...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Thanks Julie. I've been getting pics of my nephew since he started T-Ball. I wish I had had the gear I have today when my boys and girls were working their way up through the ranks. I was shooting mostly video of them back in those days. We gather around the TV and get a real hoot out of some of those today.
    OT, a couple weeks ago I was shooting at one of Antone's games. There was an older lady there running around shooting with a P&S. Towards the end of the game she came up to me to ask me about my camera and general photog conversation.

She told me she had been shooting her son since he was in t-ball and now she's shooting the college team he coaches. I had to smile (BIG) because I imagine that will be me one day.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite