Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>
    Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Talking A little teaser for Brad

Heat, 110 track temp, 97 % humidity, then the storm, then the heat again/still......The air you can wear LOL Here are some shots from the weekend, the first one showing the conditions I was shooting in and tow of them being a teaser for Brad.....a little Moto ST practice! Next week......Grand Am!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A little teaser for Brad-stt-storm-july-2008.jpg   A little teaser for Brad-stt413-red.jpg   A little teaser for Brad-249-moto-st.jpg   A little teaser for Brad-77-77.jpg   A little teaser for Brad-420.jpg  

Re: A little teaser for Brad

Yikes, that first photo really shows the conditions over the weekend - humid being the operative word. I haven't heard, but I hope this ultra-dry air that rolled in today hangs around through the weekend. Whatever the case, we'll definitely be there toting plenty of hydration.

Good shots as always, Lori. Looks like Barber's got the grass all trim and perfect for the big show (as usual). Other than the considerable difference in the level of riders, what did you think about the Moto-ST bikes as compared to the AMA series? Are they much slower? Any guesses about the level of competition?
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

The Moto ST bikes were awesome! SLower than AMA, yes, but not slow and tons of fun to watch. The two 77 bikes rocked and rolled (on 2 wheels lol) all day long, it was great to watch! I think you will really like it.It's going to be a great 3 days!! I will PM you with the ticket info. They will be in Will Call under your name, Will be nice to meet you, please look for me but do it before I look like I have been draged around the track :lol: :lol: (kidding, you know where I will be)

Good to know, especially since Moto-ST is supposed to be rolled into the new DMG-run AMA "Superbike" next year (gag me). For now, though, I think it's cool to get to see both a pretty good motorcycle race and a great car race in one weekend! And I hope they bring out the museum cars/bikes during the lunch break like they did last year; that was very cool. Thanks again for the ticket hookup; I do know where you'll be, and I'll come find you probably Saturday morning.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye

My Blog

Nice shots Lori.

Hope yous have a good weekend and look forward to some shots from you both.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Thanks Wull!! .........and who is that on the pocket bike? :lol:

Brad- "half time" will be awesome :wink5: as for Moto ST and AMA *sigh.......we will see :lol:

Wull, I definitely plan to take plenty of shots!

Lori - sweet, yet another thing to look forward to!
    Brad

My Blog

Lori,
    Great shots!!! Are you the track photo person? What lens were you using, and how did you get such great positions/views of the track/action! I never can get close, have to sit in the stands.

bluesguy

Quote Originally Posted by Lori11
    and who is that on the pocket bike? :lol:
    Who else http://www.magsport.com/magsportarch...gault2002.html

Enjoy your weekend :thumbsup:

:lol: Wull I love it! Bluesguy, I work on the track as a corner marshal (first responder with no medical in other words) most times, so being "on" the track helps! That's why I miss most of the crashes, I have to work them LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bluesguy
    Lori,
    Great shots!!! Are you the track photo person? What lens were you using, and how did you get such great positions/views of the track/action! I never can get close, have to sit in the stands.

bluesguy

That's one of the great things about Barber - there are NO grandstands! It's all beautifully manicured grass. You just bring your chair/blanket and cooler and hang out. On the backstretch where Lori works (and where I'll be a lot of the time), the fence is only about ~50 from the track. And the way the track is set up, it runs in a bit of a valley, so from most angles the fences don't get in your shots. It's great. I don't know where you're from, but if you're anywhere in the Southeast and enjoy racing at all, you should come down for a race. And if you like motorcycles, the Barber Museum is a must-see!
    Brad

My Blog

Im so excited

Lori, Brad,
    Not a 2wheeler person, but have watched some super bike races on the TV. I am more of a car guy.
    mainly rails and funny cars. Old school Nascar with Petty, Cale, Buck Baker, the old guys.
    Other race favorites were Shirley Muldowny, the Snake and the Mongoose, the Chi-Town Hustler
    Don Garlits, Grumpy Jenkins, well you get the idea. Now that's really old school!!!

bluesguy

The cars are awesome so far! I posted some photo's in another post. Check them out bluesguy!

Thread Information