Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Jv Bb

Jv Bb

Okay so we lost again...UGH..:cryin: But it was close....
    And I am going to dedicate this post to my son, he played the first half...and I noticed he didn't look right...but didn't want to do the MOM thing...so stayed away....he was playing the game of his life....drove with such determination....ran his back side off, defensive and offensive.....then just before half time I noticed he wasn't on the court...and didn't see him on the bench.....when they came back out, I went over to see if he had a migraine and where he was....( he gets those sometimes...)...I was told no...that he was throwing up...next thing I knew before the next period started....he was back out....telling his dad..(the coach)..put me in...put me in...he was clammy and sweaty..pale as could be....Coach said...no sit for a bit....he refused...you need me in...so IN he went....he played like fury in a fire....driving to the basket....he was knocked on the floor twice...one guy roughed him up all night....ramming him in the back, he got slammed in the back of the head...( not many fouls were called...)...he gave it is all....He is one tough youngun..

You Rock...Eric...#32....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jv Bb-eric.jpg   Jv Bb-eric2.jpg   Jv Bb-eric3.jpg   Jv Bb-eric4.jpg   Jv Bb-eric5.jpg  

BFiredup
    "The new girl on the block! :blush2: "
    Canon 40D
    Canon Rebel 300D
    70-200mm USM IS f/2.8L
    EFS 18-55 Kit lens
    Canon EF 75-300 f/4-5.6III
    Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM
    Epson Stylus 1800

Re: Jv Bb

Nice job once again! Even though he probably didn't need to be in the game after that, that's the kind of determination that players should have. So many of the kids I see play every week (even some of the really good ones) are so wimpy these days. One of the things our coach did when I played was to take us outside on an asphalt court and scrimmage us full speed. After you bite the blacktop once or twice you learn how to stand your ground and dish it out too. Good for him and sorry they lost a close one.
    Daniel - PixElite Photography

http://www.pixelitephotography.com
    http://www.actionphototips.com
    http://www.maxpreps.com
    I use Nikon Professional gear.

You are right, he should have sat out, but he knew without him being in the game, they would have run the score up so high, it would have been rediculous....he is the only one on the team that can get the ball down the court without someone stealing it from him....and he is the only one unfortunately that knows how to execute the plays...tries to get the other boys where they are supposed to be....sad..really.....but he is one tough youngun....and once the game was over, and he got a chance to rehydrate....he was fine...

He has to eat after school before the game, his metobolism is so high, if he doesn't he runs out of steam before half time....but he won't eat KFC again....LOL
    BFiredup
    Canon 40D
    Canon Rebel 300D
    70-200mm USM IS f/2.8L
    EFS 18-55 Kit lens
    Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM
    Epson Stylus 1800

Your son has a lot of heart to be playing sick. It has to be getting old for the team as a whole to be losing all of these games, but you never know just like the superbowl last night the underdogs do win sometimes.

Very good action, I think the second shot down looks a little orange that could be my monitor if I'm right it can be fixed quickly in photo shop.

Tell your son to keep up the hard work and it will all pay off.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Your right the second one down is a touch orange....I should have adjusted the temperature some.....

Well you never know, maybe we will pull out a win this week.....I keep hoping...and the boys do too....LOL
    BFiredup
    Canon 40D
    Canon Rebel 300D
    70-200mm USM IS f/2.8L
    EFS 18-55 Kit lens
    Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM
    Epson Stylus 1800

Great shots! You can really see the hustle and determination in Eric's expression and body motions. He sounds like a great kid. You must be very proud of him.

My daughter is a point guard too. Her team is playing worse as the season goes on. The coach is being very negative and doing lots of yelling and it's making the girls lose their confidence and lose their zest for playing. He was a great coach the last 2 years. I don't know what is up. The girls have tried talking to him but it's not helping. He's hurting the girls so much and it's breaking my heart. My daughter is a captain and she is so upset and feels everything she does is wrong. It's making me not want to take photos any more. Sorry for venting.

Vent away.....I know what you are saying....My husband yells alot too....LOL...he has had the nickname screaming Eddie for years...but our kids know him, and know he is there to give them a pat on the back, and tell them great job afterwards....So if her coach would follow up the negative with some positive, it would help them a lot....Hard to see the kids knocked down, and then not see someone build them back up....

I am very proud of him, in everything he has done....school, sports, responisblities...etc...I just hope now that he is 16 he stays that way...LOL...we will see....
    BFiredup
    Canon 40D
    Canon Rebel 300D
    70-200mm USM IS f/2.8L
    EFS 18-55 Kit lens
    Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM
    Epson Stylus 1800

Thread Information