Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Inspiration

Inspiration

Got an inspirational sports photo? Got an idea for an inspirational sports photo? This one makes me wanna go big.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspiration-802c0892.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

This one...

Makes me want to go FAST!
    Brian
    Ride On!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

A bugger
    Inspirational sports photos. I'm about to post a bike shot. Maybe I'll skip that. I gotta say my favourite sports photogs are not bike photographers, unless I include Frankowsky or Stef Cande. My definite idols in sports photography come from the F1. Darren Heath and Rainer Schlegelmilch. From Schlegelmilch a very nice photo indeed: Juan Pablo Montoya

Oh yeah!

That is a good one. I like motorsports photography a lot too. I especially like motorcycle roadracing photos. But as far as my own photos go, the ones that arethe most inspirational to me are bike or other outdoor photos where there is a clear and dramatic relationship between the athlete and the landscape. That's why I posted my photo and that's what made me think of starting this thread.

But I do know what's inspiring will be different for all of us. And I'm curious to see through other people's eyes. So post your bike photo anyway. I want to see it. Plus, I'm trying to think if I can guess what it will be
    Photo-John

This one just makes me want to go ride in the woods, and get muddy. I really really like this picture. I dont have any like yalls, because those definately make me want to go BIG and FAST. I still want in on this thread though. I have some other good ones, but I have posted them over and over. This ones cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspiration-newcam-068-s.jpg  

A bugger
    Okay, I'll post an inspirational bike shot. Inspirational because I'm kind of dissappointed I never got to ride the thing (the small one, not the one going above it..) as I was shooting film.. And another one just for the sake of summer and the huge tweak. I'm just so pissed at the winter and I know the snow won't be gone until late April. And of course it'll take at least a few weeks to dry in the woods so that it isn't all mud.. So I'll be riding in late May, yippee!

I just hate the winter. There's no light, no colours, it's cold, wet.. Been shooting chromogenic for the last four or five months or so as there are really no colours to be recorded and because 400 speed slide film is too expensive for casual shooting anyway... ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspiration-kiasma.jpg   Inspiration-rf291.jpg  

What does this button do? Ooops. JDub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Got an inspirational sports photo? Got an idea for an inspirational sports photo? This one makes me wanna go big.
    This isn't the best or most exciting picture I've ever taken, but its the most inspirational to me. It reminds me that after the cold, long winters around here there is redemption in the form of the first race of the spring, the almighty 12 Miles of Hell...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspiration-12moh-8.jpg  
    Last edited by JDub; 02-05-2004 at 07:31 PM.

Yeah! I like that one. It's got soul. A tighter, horizontal crop might work a little better, though. I don't think all that sky really adds anything. It's all about those bare hills, the line of riders, and the suffering on that first rider's face.
    Photo-John

What does this button do? Ooops. JDub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Yeah! I like that one. It's got soul. A tighter, horizontal crop might work a little better, though. I don't think all that sky really adds anything. It's all about those bare hills, the line of riders, and the suffering on that first rider's face.
    Good points, I agree with you. The sky is kind of a distraction with the stark contrast to the hills. Thanks for the feedback, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for to try and hone my skills.

You should check out the Photo Critique forum, too. This forum is more about sports technique and equipment. My criticism for your photo was pretty standard compositional stuff. I almost didn't even post the criticism since this isn't really a critique forum. But what the hell. We're a pretty easygoing bunch. I just don't want this forum to turn into a critique forum for sports photos. That's not the intention.
    Photo-John

Thread Information