Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: HS Volleyball

HS Volleyball

I could post 4 or 5 volleyball threads given the number of teams/matches I've shot so far this fall. Between covering local teams on my website and shooting for papers I've got 6 teams I semi-regularly see. Yes, I know the watermarks are intrusive but the photos more than ever are showing up on Facebook so I'll advertise for free through FB

1. A tiny gym that used to be ISO 5000 for me to get a 1/500 shutter, lightning is better so ISO 3200 to get 1/500.

3. Not sure what others would think of this shot, but I like the back-set with the hitting being passed to in the shot

4. After winning a tough 5-game match

6. Undefeated nationally ranked NCAA D2 Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs

7. Not really technical shot in any way but a team huddle from up high in the auditorium seating of the gym

8. Mascot wearing football jersey.. hours before football reigning National Champ UMD lost at Wayne State (Neb.)
    EOS 7D, Canon 24-70F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 (with or without 1.4 Extender), and posting photos on my website: viewthroughmylens.net

Re: HS Volleyball

Outstanding series of images. Love #2 really gets down to the nitty gritty.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information