Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: HS Soccer

HS Soccer

This was my first attempt at HS soccer. First game/match I ever attended. Not a real high quality of competion, but I learned a lilttle with this outing. No lights at the field and it got pretty dark by the time the guys got to play. At any rat ehere are a few of my first soccer shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HS Soccer-dsc_2776-2.jpg   HS Soccer-dsc_2801-2.jpg   HS Soccer-dsc_2883-3.jpg   HS Soccer-dsc_2842-3.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: HS Soccer

Nice job there OT, you haven't slowed down any... timing was great!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Nice job there OT, you haven't slowed down any... timing was great!

JS

Thanks JS. I was hoping to get to shot somemore soccer tomarrow, but I was talking to one of the team members at the football game tonight and for some reason the game was called off. Now I have to find somethng else to point the camera at.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Well you could shoot my football game tonight.... ... I need a break especially with my upcoming schedule. Next Saturday starts sectional & regional hell month. I think I will be working almost the entire next 5 weeks.... tennis, soccer, cross country, football ... NO GOLF!!!!!!! I refuse to shoot golf! period! hahaha, the paper knows better than to try and schedule me for golf... my truck and van will be disabled for some odd repairs and I will be sick for that day.....but I'll shoot any of the others the same day

This game tonight could get real ugly real fast. One powerful team against a doormat. It just happens to be the doormats homecoming too. The visitor (team I'm shooting) has won the last 5 meetings by an average of 40 points.

JS

Tell you what OT. In my book you rock. These photos are awesome!
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Quote Originally Posted by JETA
    Tell you what OT. In my book you rock. These photos are awesome!
    JETA your swelling my head. This was the first HS soccer I had ever shot (first match/game I ever attended). I have a pretty big learning curve to learn were I need to be on the sidelines and were the action is going to be. Iwas pretty please with what I got however and hope to shot more in the future. Sure would like a longer lens to shot this sport with.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    JETA your swelling my head. This was the first HS soccer I had ever shot (first match/game I ever attended). I have a pretty big learning curve to learn were I need to be on the sidelines and were the action is going to be. Iwas pretty please with what I got however and hope to shot more in the future. Sure would like a longer lens to shot this sport with.
    LOL! It's the truth though!
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

they're pretty good, but they look soft. The focus looks bit off. What lens were you shooting with? Maybe its just a soft lens. especially the first one looks like it was exposed to a little bit of oversharpening. Good moments, too bad the focus was off.

Thread Information