Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

A few Basketball shots from last night's game.

My first shots with the D4 and D3s setup. Shooting 70-200 f2.8 and 24-70 f2.8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A few Basketball shots from last night's game.-shl_9878.jpg   A few Basketball shots from last night's game.-shl_9948.jpg   A few Basketball shots from last night's game.-sha_3457.jpg   A few Basketball shots from last night's game.-sha_3308.jpg   A few Basketball shots from last night's game.-sha_3435.jpg  

Shal

Re: A few Basketball shots from last night's game.

Wonderful action shots. Love #2 and #4! How does the D4 compare to the D3s? I just purchased a D3s and love it with the 70-200 VRII. Just could not come up with the scratch for a D4.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Lucky man fortunate enough to be able to shoot an NBA game! Were you sitting alongside the pro photogs?

The last time I saw the Warriors play was way back in the '60s. I went to see the great Rick Barry play.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    How does the D4 compare to the D3s? I just purchased a D3s and love it with the 70-200 VRII. Just could not come up with the scratch for a D4.
    I'd also like to know what you think of the D4 compared to the D3s. I've used both and I and everyone I've talked to who have used both, feel like it's really, really difficult to say the D4 is worth the extra money. The image quality and AF are definitely better than the D3s, but not by very much. I think I'd happily use either one and not really worry about it.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Wonderful action shots. Love #2 and #4! How does the D4 compare to the D3s? I just purchased a D3s and love it with the 70-200 VRII. Just could not come up with the scratch for a D4.
    I really can't claim to see a major difference. I am finding the IQ at higher iso's slightly better.I have been shooting some night soccer matches and have noticed the difference only there. Truth be known, I think the AF on my D3s is better. I have had trouble with the 3D.
    Shal

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    I'd also like to know what you think of the D4 compared to the D3s. I've used both and I and everyone I've talked to who have used both, feel like it's really, really difficult to say the D4 is worth the extra money. The image quality and AF are definitely better than the D3s, but not by very much. I think I'd happily use either one and not really worry about it.
    I agree except for the AF comment. It's not worth the extra money. I think that I will move to the next generation relatively quickly.
    Shal

Quote Originally Posted by jacobovs View Post
    I really can't claim to see a major difference. I am finding the IQ at higher iso's slightly better.I have been shooting some night soccer matches and have noticed the difference only there. Truth be known, I think the AF on my D3s is better. I have had trouble with the 3D.
    I have only had the D3s for a month now but I'm very pleased with the performance at hight ISO's and the auto focus is far superior to my D700. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Looks like the new setup is working well. Those are some great shots. After looking at these, I am very much looking forward to getting my new f2.8 lenses in the next couple weeks.
    Steve Furst

View my work:
    Furst Edition Photography

Thread Information