Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Featured photos

Featured photos

I notice that one of the sports images I posted earlier is shown at the top of this page as a featured photo. When I click on Feature Photo Archive I find a second sports photo of mine shown as a featured photo. I thank whoever considered these images of sufficient worth to feature them. I'm relatively new to this forum and have no idea who chooses the photos to be featured and the criteria for selection. Can somebody please explain?

Bob

Re: Featured photos

Quote Originally Posted by Bob32 View Post
    I notice that one of the sports images I posted earlier is shown at the top of this page as a featured photo. When I click on Feature Photo Archive I find a second sports photo of mine shown as a featured photo. I thank whoever considered these images of sufficient worth to feature them. I'm relatively new to this forum and have no idea who chooses the photos to be featured and the criteria for selection. Can somebody please explain?

Bob
    A feature photo is choosen each week for each forum by the moderator of moderators of that forum. I served in that copacity for a few years on the gallery. It's not a easy job and I appreciate what hte moderators do each week to keep the site up and running smoothly. SmartWombat does a great job not only here on the Sports forum but all accross the PR site in general. Thanks SW!
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Larry,

Thanks for the information.

Now I have another question. After I generate a message for posting and download photos as attachments is there any way I can make space between the photos to number each photo and to insert comments about some of the photos? In a previous thread I was advised that this can be done if you first upload your photos to the gallery, but I'd rather avoid that extra step.

Yet another question (the last one for now!). The forum allows photos with limits of 800 pixels high x 800 pixels wide. In this era of wide screen monitors wouldn't it make sense to allow 800 pixels high x 1200 pixels wide?

Bob

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Not much larger than the 800 pixel limit currently without pushing the panel on the right hand side off the screen. I only have 1366 x 768 here on the laptop, and it just fits.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by Bob32 View Post
    Larry,

Thanks for the information.

Now I have another question. After I generate a message for posting and download photos as attachments is there any way I can make space between the photos to number each photo and to insert comments about some of the photos? In a previous thread I was advised that this can be done if you first upload your photos to the gallery, but I'd rather avoid that extra step.

Yet another question (the last one for now!). The forum allows photos with limits of 800 pixels high x 800 pixels wide. In this era of wide screen monitors wouldn't it make sense to allow 800 pixels high x 1200 pixels wide?

Bob
    Sorry Bob that's the only way to do it that I know of too. Maybe one of the techies can tell you I'm just a shooter.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Yes, the only way to split the images up with text is to do it yourself.
    Either hosting the images here in our gallery or another web site (shock, horror!).
    Then you can put in [ IMG ] tags around your picture's URL.

Like that and put an image in the middle of the text.

The Gallery has no size limit either, so you can upload the larger images there.
    Best of both worlds: large images in the gallery, there are some people who view there and never come to the forums and smaller images in the forums, becuase some people don't view the Galleries.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Paul,

Where’s the Gallery? I’ve looked around for it but haven’t stumbled across it yet.

Bob

As to post images, you need to put the [IMG] code before and after the image link. its like
    [IMG] HTTP://LINKHERE [/IMG]

Dont put spaces

Go to the top of the page under Share and a drop down menu will come up. Just click on Gallery.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information