Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Demoted.....

Red face Demoted.....

Not really, but it sounds good with the way things have been going and I have shot more 7th and 8th grade basketball than high school recently. The truth is that the new paper is using me more now and they cover the younger kids more than the big paper. These were from the 7th graders....it seems there are a couple themes to these.

JS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Demoted.....-js061465.jpg   Demoted.....-js061488.jpg   Demoted.....-js061546.jpg   Demoted.....-js061644.jpg  
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Re: Demoted.....

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Not really, but it sounds good with the way things have been going and I have shot more 7th and 8th grade basketball than high school recently. The truth is that the new paper is using me more now and they cover the younger kids more than the big paper. These were from the 7th graders....it seems there are a couple themes to these.

JS
    Nice job John. Have you found that most of the middle school gyms are better lighted than the high school? It seems to me that in my area the gyms at this level are newer and have better lights. Might also have to do with they are smaller and generally have light colored walls closer to the floor that reflect more light.

My niece played 8th garade ball this year and I had an opportunity to shot some of her games. down here the girls 7th and 8th grade seson ends by the time high school b ball starts. Many of the 8th graders move up and play high school ball. My daughter was starting varsity by the time she was 8th grade.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

I like that third one. Wish the fourth didn't have a covered face. If it didn't, that would be a very nice shot.

Yup liven, but you gotta take what they give ya, unfortunately most people in a game don't think "hey, they are gonna take my picture so I gotta keep my hands out of my face"
    One girl though used to look at me and I knew by her eyes where she was going and what she was going to do, and the next day her picture was in the paper. She has now stopped hogging the photos...now it's her sister

OT,

Well it's hard to tell, I only shoot at two middleschools and they are across the street from each other, one is older, the other new. The new building is great lighting wise, the old one sucks as bad as the high school, maybe worse. There are a number of new middle and elementary schools in this county, and soon we will have at least one new niddle school, one new elementary school and one or two new high schools....probably all in the next 4 years.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Thread Information