Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: The Browns

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

The Browns

Took the kids to the Cleveland Browns training camp again.

I wish they ran more plays. But it was 90-degrees and sunny and humid. What little they did run was always "over there".

So sorry - not much "action" shots. Mostly a lot of finger pointing going on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Browns-browns-1.jpg   The Browns-browns-2.jpg   The Browns-browns-3.jpg   The Browns-browns-4.jpg   The Browns-browns-5.jpg  

Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: The Browns

You took a slow day and turned it into a very nice photo opportunity. Love that second one. As always the tech side of your images is superb.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Loupey -
    I completely agree with OT on picture #2, it's a great shot. I'll bet the player wouldn't mind having a copy. I attended the Giants' camp in Albany,NY with my son a few weeks back, and what I didn't get were some interesting non-action shots. There weren't that many options because of our proximity, and I was shooting a 70-200.
    I know you're a Forum vet from the # of postings, and have probably detailed your gear before, but I would be interested in knowing what you were shooting on this day. My guess, either a 300mm or you were in the VIP section.
    Gusper

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

OT - thanks for looking and very much appreciate your comments.

rgusberti - thanks for commenting. These are all with my Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS coupled to my much used 2x II TC. As much as I try not to like the 70-200mm, I find it amazing for sports. For nature, I use my 300mm (with and without the 2x or extension tubes) almost 95% of the time.

A few more - again with the 70-200mm + 2x. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Browns-browns-6.jpg   The Browns-browns-7.jpg   The Browns-browns-8.jpg   The Browns-browns-9.jpg   The Browns-browns-10.jpg  

Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

The Browns .... finger pointing ??? naw... it's always the fans doing that

I couldn't resist that one Loupey but then I am a Vikings and Colts fan...... lots of finger pointing in the Vikings camp I bet

Anyway, I like the Winslow shot in the second bunch, not normally a fan of shots from the back but it works for this one All of them well done though.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Thread Information