Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

A big thank you to this Forum

I had bought that Canon D2 IS and it was inferior for night sports. You guys gave me lots of great suggestions, from bare budget to katy-bar-the-door budget and I settled on something that has me really excited (20D & Sigma 70-200 2.8)

I've still got some learning to do, sharpen up those photos a bit more, anticipate the action a bit better, that sort of stuff, but I'm a very happy camper.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

Re: A big thank you to this Forum

Oh yeah, we had a Saturday day game. My photos are here... http://tigerpics.smugmug.com

I've since then turned up the 20D's internal sharpening. I had it all at defaults this day.

Used the Sports Mode to simplify things a bit for me as a newbie.

We try to help... and I am glad your happy with the new gear! Just don't run off and hide now.

JS

Don't think you will find a friendlier more positive forum on the internet anywhere than PR. the folks here have been grreat to me and I have learned a great deal even though I first hung an SLR around my neck over 37 years ago. Glad you have had a positive expierence. Now stick around and post lots of images and help other any time you can.

Larry
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I'd agree with you on the friendliness of the place. The traffic isn't as high as a few places, but you guys take the time to answer anyway.

Time to get ready for some more football tonight.

How sad is that? .... I bought this rig for no other reason than to take a few seasons of football pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F
    Time to get ready for some more football tonight.

How sad is that? .... I bought this rig for no other reason than to take a few seasons of football pics.

Not sad at all. I just boutght a D2H just to shot football and then decided to expand to a couple of other sports and try and turn a buck doing It. Hope it works out. I haven't maketed any images in about 20 years.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Congratulations

Scott-
    It always makes me very happy to hear that this site has helped people get more passionate about photography. And new gear is always cool. I think for sports it can actually make a big difference in your success ratio.

For what it's worth, I shoot all manual exposure and have all in-camera image adjustment turned off. Even though it's more work for me, I prefer to make all image adjustments individually, with Photoshop.

Post some photos here and in the gallery!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

oh yeah Scotty, this forum is the best I found yet. it really help me alot too buddy, from day one I know and just been read some of the post and anwser from all the good folk up here is all good. I personal would like to thank them too. may God bless you all...

Thread Information