Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Airborne

NSSA/AIPS

Airborne

Wasatch Enduro from Canyons Resort July 21
    It's not about the camera....

Re: Airborne

Nice timing and a good composition but I wish it was brighter. It feels too in between a silhouette and a properly exposed image to me. I do love that sky, though. Did you try lightening it up at all? I am pretty sure you could keep that sky and get more detail out of the rider and foreground.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

NSSA/AIPS

Hey John,
    I have played with it a bit in LR3, and also did a mono conversion. It works better in mono. I'm sitting on that one.. :
    Last edited by Chris350; 07-23-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris350 View Post
    Hey John,
    It works better in mono. I'm sitting on that one
    Fair enough - I understand. I've got a tendency to just spill my best stuff and then I can't make any money off of it

How was that race, anyway? I was psyched about it, but I was busy up at Snowbasin this weekend. Plus, I'm really conflicted about Canyons and the Skilink project. Actually, I'm not conflicted - I'm totally against it. And as long as Canyons and Solitude pursue Skilink, I can't support either resort.
    Photo-John

NSSA/AIPS

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Fair enough - I understand. I've got a tendency to just spill my best stuff and then I can't make any money off of it
    yeah been there....

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    How was that race, anyway? I was psyched about it, but I was busy up at Snowbasin this weekend. Plus, I'm really conflicted about Canyons and the Skilink project. Actually, I'm not conflicted - I'm totally against it. And as long as Canyons and Solitude pursue Skilink, I can't support either resort.
    The race was good fun. I'm alos 100% opposed to Skylink and all it's peripheral issues
    I can't get behind the land grabbing money grubbers at Tallisker (the holding company behind Canyons) I do support Ali Goulet in his desire to bring a very cool event to Park City though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris350 View Post
    I do support Ali Goulet in his desire to bring a very cool event to Park City though.
    I am so conflicted. Everyone says the new bike park at Canyons is the best in Utah, too. This is one of the most complicated ethical conundrums to come up in my life in the past few years. This is even more true when you consider that since it's Utah we're talking about, SkiLink is almost sure to go through no matter what we say or do. I'm looking forward and thinking I may have to never ski Solitude again
    Photo-John

Thread Information