Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Sony dscf717 lens fungus

Just took out the ole 717 looks very pristene oops one spot of lens fungus just under the front lens element.Does anyone know how to remove it so it can be cleaned,has anyone done this or have a procedure to do it. Also I found I gotta wiggle the charging cord to get it to charge any hints.Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony dscf717 lens fungus

the wiggling of the charging cord - the ac mount is loose, if you dismantle your camera you could find out why its loose and hopefully repair it, personally - I would just deal with it and plug it in carefully as its not really enough of a problem to do all that work fixing it.

The lens fungus removing would require dismantling your lens. I wouldn't ever do this, Sony may be able to do something for you, or a local camera store. Though they typically only deal with DSLR lens. Though - if the fungus effects image quality, I suppose you may as well give it a shot - since you have nothing to lose but a broken camera. You may also want to check ebay for a parts/repair camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    the wiggling of the charging cord - the ac mount is loose, if you dismantle your camera you could find out why its loose and hopefully repair it, personally - I would just deal with it and plug it in carefully as its not really enough of a problem to do all that work fixing it.

The lens fungus removing would require dismantling your lens. I wouldn't ever do this, Sony may be able to do something for you, or a local camera store. Though they typically only deal with DSLR lens. Though - if the fungus effects image quality, I suppose you may as well give it a shot - since you have nothing to lose but a broken camera. You may also want to check ebay for a parts/repair camera.
    I guess thats my next step take some pics run it thru the laptop it might not even be a problem , I was just going to put it up for sale kinda a low selling point. Its just sitting didnt want it to go to waste.

You probably have this worked out by now but several years ago, my f717 had a similar problem and I returned it to Sony. It was covered under warranty and has worked great since!

Thread Information