Where did my photo go?

I am trying to get help in posting a sharp image and successfully uploaded a full picture file that has not been re sized to the photo gallery for comarison. I cannot find it anywhere. It was named Sandhill Crane and does not come up in my gallery, so how do I find it, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Where did my photo go?

I don't find it in your gallery. Try a repost.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Every once in a while we have a gallery glitch where one photo gets swapped for another. That means your photo either goes MIA or another image appears in its place. I'm not sure why it happens or what to do about it. If it does happen to you, the best thing to do is just repost.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I went to the gallery and downloaded a full picture with the original file and it said that the download was successful. I have done this about 4 or 5 times and each time it said downloaded successfully but I cannot find it anywhere in the gallery, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Uh Oh

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    I went to the gallery and downloaded a full picture with the original file and it said that the download was successful. I have done this about 4 or 5 times and each time it said downloaded successfully but I cannot find it anywhere in the gallery, Jeff
    Sounds like this isn't the standard missing photo problem. I'm sorry about your wasted energy. We recently had to put some file size limits on the gallery. Maybe your files are too large? Can you please tell me the file size in megabytes.
    Photo-John

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I have the same problem, nothing after the upload other than the redirection message.
    My file was titled "Where is SmartWombat" size 8314KB filename _8300902.jpg
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I have the same problem, nothing after the upload other than the redirection message.
    My file was titled "Where is SmartWombat" size 8314KB filename _8300902.jpg
    That would explain it. The file size limit used to be 20 MB. Now it's 5 MB. The change demanded by the IT department. We should have a real error message, though. I apologize for your difficulties and I'll see what I can do about getting a real error message put in place so that you are at least informed about what the problem is.
    Photo-John

Thanks John.

The upload page (http://gallery.photographyreview.com...to.php?cat=500) could do with updating too.
    "Maximum File Size: 10000k file size limit."

Just changing that one page is most important, if it had said 5000k file size limit I'd have known what I was doing wrong !
    PAul

I did get another picture to show up that was smaller. The size limit was the answer. Now I know to keep it under 5MB. This is a good piece of information to know, it will cut down the aggravation a lot. By having it give me a Successful download message I didn't even think about size being a problem. Thanks, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Thanks John.

The upload page (http://gallery.photographyreview.com...to.php?cat=500) could do with updating too.
    "Maximum File Size: 10000k file size limit."

Just changing that one page is most important, if it had said 5000k file size limit I'd have known what I was doing wrong !
    Thanks for pointing that out, Paul. The 5 MB limit is on the back end, so the software remained unchanged. I will make that change right now.
    Photo-John

Great, thanks John !
    PAul

Thread Information