Two questions: Edit and Delete

Hi!

I have, on two separate occasions, Edited a previous post (for QA sake, both times within a few minutes of posting). Both times the edited post appeared as a new post, leaving the original post intact. Is this normal behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

Also - I have not found a way to delete my own posts. Is such a thing possible? I sought to delete both extra posts but had to overwrite instead.

I thankee!

Michael
    ...Michael ... ("Realart" is not a reflection of my photography. It is the company that re-released the great old Universal horror films in the 1950's.)

Re: Two questions: Edit and Delete

Quote Originally Posted by realart
    Hi!

I have, on two separate occasions, Edited a previous post (for QA sake, both times within a few minutes of posting). Both times the edited post appeared as a new post, leaving the original post intact. Is this normal behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

Also - I have not found a way to delete my own posts. Is such a thing possible? I sought to delete both extra posts but had to overwrite instead.

I thankee!

Michael
    When you want to EDIT your post just click on the EDIT tab at the bottom right of your post, make the changes then click on the SAVE tab at the bottom and everything should be changed.

To DELETE your post you would click on the EDIT button at the bottom right of your post, then click the DELETE button at the bottom right of your post, next you need to uncheck the DO NOT DELETE MESSAGE and check DELETE MESSAGE and type in reason for the delete in the space provided and then look to the right and press the DELETE THIS MESSAGE button and your done, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think the delete part is because of your Mod status. Don't think we can do that. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker
    I think the delete part is because of your Mod status. Don't think we can do that. - TF
    Oldclicker, you are right about not being able to delete a post as a non moderator. The edit will work as I stated but not the delete. Thanks for mentioning that. I had to log in as a non moderator so I could see what normally would be available. Thanks again, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I hadn't even noticed that as a moderator, I can delete my message, though I guess it would work in the project forum.
    The 'edit' option is only available for a while....not sure how long.

Just tested and I can do a delete here too.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Deleting

We have the forums set so you can't delete your own posts. That's for reasons of accountability. If there were some sort of troll or disagreement it's best if people can't hide their tracks. If you do something like post twice or accidentally post, just let me know and I can delete a post for you
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information