Photos Disappearing From Gallery?

Has anyone had any photos disappear from the gallery? I don't recall any reports of this but I just noticed two recent photos of mine that were there yesterday are now gone. It could be a moderator mistake but I'm wondering if anyone else has missing photos.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Photos Disappearing From Gallery?

I haven't noticed anything disappearing from the gallery, but on a positive note, the last two images that I posted in the forum made it to my gallery. I did notice that they didn't go in right away. There was a message that said something to the affect of 'waiting to be approved'. Is that something new? Is someone monitoring images and approving them before they become available in the gallery?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973 View Post
    I haven't noticed anything disappearing from the gallery, but on a positive note, the last two images that I posted in the forum made it to my gallery. I did notice that they didn't go in right away. There was a message that said something to the affect of 'waiting to be approved'. Is that something new? Is someone monitoring images and approving them before they become available in the gallery?
    Yes, everything needs to be approved now. Over the past few days we had a spam comment attack that was so bad the only way to deal with it was to require approval for everything in the gallery. It's a shame but at the moment it has to be done.

The forum photo upload problem is sporadic so you got lucky this time
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Yes, everything needs to be approved now. Over the past few days we had a spam comment attack that was so bad the only way to deal with it was to require approval for everything in the gallery. It's a shame but at the moment it has to be done.

The forum photo upload problem is sporadic so you got lucky this time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey John,I've noticed several images missing from my galley as well.

Rick
    Last edited by starriderrick; 06-28-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: remove specific content to mod forum

I reported a number of spam message in my gallery,
    I did not finish as i also do not want to inundate you of reports

If needed i can go through all the photos

GB1

John,

I still can't see the link to our individual user gallery under our avatar. It's not obvious how to get to a person's gallery otherwise. Are you (or anyone else) seeing that link?

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    John,

I still can't see the link to our individual user gallery under our avatar. It's not obvious how to get to a person's gallery otherwise. Are you (or anyone else) seeing that link?

GB
    No it isn't a link there any more and YES I wish it would be put back. The way I get to look at my gallery is go to SHARE, Photo Gallery then My Photos on the left end of the second blue tool bar, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    No it isn't a link there any more and YES I wish it would be put back. The way I get to look at my gallery is go to SHARE, Photo Gallery then My Photos on the left end of the second blue tool bar, Jeff
    Thanks Jeff. Using these instructions I can see my gallery. I also see that my recent uploads have not been added to the gallery. It appears that this website update has unintentionally 'bugged up' that , and maybe other stuff too.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

I haven't been around much lately, and I am not certain when it happened, but a bunch of my gallery photos were re arranged, lost, and feedback changed recently.

I also miss the user gallery link. And I don't know if it's related, or when it appeared, or even what it means, but there is a bulleted "like" link at the bottom of every post in a thread now.

MBP
    OSX 10.7 Lion
    Safari 5.1
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Thread Information