Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Featured Photos

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: Featured Photos

Quote Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    I'm sure the mods will do fine. In an ideal world, there'd be a panel of judges with a strict set of criteria, but considering the amount of photos posted every day, I don't think that is always possible. While your thoughts have a lot of merit Ronnoco, I haven't had much problem with the photos selected, but then, I'm not as well versed in the elements of photography and art as you are, and I say that with all due respect.

This is, after all, a place where we sometimes "show and tell", and sometimes look for guidance or help. The various forums reflect that, I think. So the FP may not always be up to a particular set of standards, but I have no beef with the shots selected. I applaud the mods heartily for the job they're doing.:thumbsup:
    I like your comments John...
    All of them...
    Thanks!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco
    I would be happy if the featured photos actually were quality shots. Even that is not always the case, so I question some moderator's choice who has little understanding of photographic composition.
    It's not all about what you consider "quality." Diversity, content, entertainment value, and acknowledging regular contributors are all valid reasons to choose the Featured Photos. I think the moderators do a fine job.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    It's not all about what you consider "quality." Diversity, content, entertainment value, and acknowledging regular contributors are all valid reasons to choose the Featured Photos. I think the moderators do a fine job.
    That's about what it comes down when I go through the photographs in any given week, I also look at the value of the discussion that is going about a particular photograph.
    We have a lot of talanted photographs around here, some are new and some are long time and valuable members of our community.
    Thanks PJ!
    Brian
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

I am going to choose only image by those that comment on mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on, you know that was funny and we could all use a chuckle here and there :thumbsup:

I laughed as I posted atleast:blush2:
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Hey, now I want a Featured Photo in the Off Topic forum too!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Hey, now I want a Featured Photo in the Off Topic forum too!
    Now, that's a good idea! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We could compete to see who can post the most "off-topic" photo. :smilewinkgrin:

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I also look at the value of the discussion that is going about a particular photograph.
    That's a good point. Using the Featured Photo to draw attention to a good discussion is a great idea. As long as photo quality is always part of the equation. They will end up in the Featured Photo Archive and I would like that to be a rich source of great photography from the PhotographyREVIEW.com community.
    Photo-John

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    I am going to choose only image by those that comment on mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on, you know that was funny and we could all use a chuckle here and there :thumbsup:

I laughed as I posted atleast:blush2:
    OK...everyone can just cut and paste this for all of pauls pictures.....

"Hi Paul, Fantastic picture, great bokeh, your colors are very vivid, your depth and your understanding of your subject definitely come through in this shot. Keep up the great work. Oh and don't forget to chalk up a vote for "Featured Photo" for me."
    Thanks,
    <Insert nick/name here>

hahaha...Paul...:thumbsup: you gotta think that this is toooo funny!!! I know I did. I was laughing the whole time!!!! hahahaha
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information