Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Simple tip for D90 or D80 users and maybe other models

Recently I was on vacation and left my D7000 in the hotel room and ended up shooting a show with my D90. It was dark and there were a lot of people in the audience setting behind me so I didn't want my rear LCD screen to review each shot and make a big distracting light go on after each picture. I knew that the Review Image could be turned off in the menu but could not remember where it was located at. I have it in the MY MENU on my D7000 and could not remember where it was at and I needed to do something fast that would eliminate all the bright light of the rear LCD screen. What I used to fix the problem was very simple. I just slid one of my business cards between the screen protector and the LCD screen and it blocked all the light perfectly. It wasn't high tech but it did the job just fine. Just thought I would pass this simple tip on to everyone just in case the situation ever comes up, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Simple tip for D90 or D80 users and maybe other models

Thanks for the tip, Jeff.
    My D80 has a flip up protector and its jsut about always closed. I don't know where the turn off is either but its gotta be there somewhere.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Re: Simple tip for D90 or D80 users and maybe other models

a
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Jeff.
    My D80 has a flip up protector and its jsut about always closed. I don't know where the turn off is either but its gotta be there somewhere.
    Tech way to do it
    Go to the playback menu
    scroll to image review press "OK"
    select OFF and press "OK" again

Redneck way to do it
    Insert business card between rear LCD and protector

It is the same on both cameras but I am not as familiar with the D90 and D80 as I once was. Some of the things are different on the D7000 and there is much more choices. Remember that you have to have a card in the camera to have access to this option in the menu, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information